ROM Hack Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore Switch Restoration Possible

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to have this up since the game releases in less than 2 weeks. Is anyone planning to look into restoring/ uncensoring the switch version when it releases? Yes I know both the JP/NA releases of
the -switch- version are censored, but what i'm wondering is if it's possible to at least restore the original outfits that were present in the JP WiiU release of the game, maybe even restoring stuff besides the outfits. The only thing I assume would be hard/ impossible would be the dialogue changes that were made to the NA WiiU release and will be used in the Switch Version coming out in less than 2 weeks.

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game officially comes out in two days but it seems it's been leaked online now. Does anyone have any plans to look into seeing if it's at least possible to restore the original outfits that were present in the JP WiiU release of the game, maybe even restoring stuff besides the outfits. The only thing I assume would be hard/ impossible would be the dialogue changes that were made to the NA WiiU release.

Last edited by DrYoshi,
D

Deleted User

Could add the new content into the Japanese/English patched Wii U version.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I urge anyone interested in helping out to join our Discord server from the original project.
https://discord.gg/eR428vF
Just ping me if you wanna help out.

A few of us are currently working on some things already. We have started work on re-editing the text and have completed things like switching back out textures.

I'm currently looking at the lua stuff since editing this is an issue with all the new additions.

Also, the files look the same but the contents aren't. Just 1:1 swapping is not gonna work and will crash your game.

Last edited by PhiZero,

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the original Japanese WiiU outfits are in the files of the game but are unused, Though i doubt it would be that easy.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiiu/ns all use standard cpk compress , can use wiiu jp version file replace

Wrong. If only it were that easy.

So basically all the file structure and placement is the same? No major differences spotted?

He's wrong too. Textures are changed from GTX2 to BNTX. String tables are also changed. Using Wii U files crashes the game, plain and simple. Outside of that, some directory structures got changed around. It's not the same.

With that said, I really need some saves to do testing. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go through the game myself which delays things. Might end up just doing that though. Having some testers who don't mind game crashes would also be nice. Basically, I just need more hands. I don't have enough time to do this on my own. We don't have enough members with modded switches to test this out right now.

I've currently replaced 4/8 containers, but simply need some people who can test out the changes.

Last edited by PhiZero,

zestiva

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I decrypted two version and compare it , jp version character pack have a lot of different skin model , but can't only replace model.apak , problem have lua script to control

Last edited by zestiva,

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the Asian version got censored too ?

Also , do you think the asian version have english sub ?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck this shit !

This is so stupid ...
Nintendo/Atlus cheaped out. They didn't want to deal with two versions of the game, so gave both sides the most up to date version, and that's the west version. They hardly even advertised this game outside of Twitter/Youtube.

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope the uncensored patch will be possible.
Or i won't even bother playing it again...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wrong. If only it were that easy.

He's wrong too. Textures are changed from GTX2 to BNTX. String tables are also changed. Using Wii U files crashes the game, plain and simple. Outside of that, some directory structures got changed around. It's not the same.

With that said, I really need some saves to do testing. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go through the game myself which delays things. Might end up just doing that though. Having some testers who don't mind game crashes would also be nice. Basically, I just need more hands. I don't have enough time to do this on my own. We don't have enough members with modded switches to test this out right now.

I've currently replaced 4/8 containers, but simply need some people who can test out the changes.

I can help for test if you need , i'll join the discord !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1