1. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

Venezuela
    Anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkLqxX2XaI

Game Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl0YPIPUP9Q

The nipples and vagina are covered with long hair, there is no reason for censorship. It is more until they modified the hair to adapt it to the censorship.

2. Sudo

Sudo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I watched the anime, they probably wanted to avoid a higher rating in Japan. CERO has been more strict in terms of sexual content in recent years, for example Square Enix had to censor the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8 to avoid a higher rating even though the costumes they changed were deemed fine years ago in the PS2 release.

You can see some of their guidelines here: https://www.cero.gr.jp/en/publics/index/17/

3. dawnbomb

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    @Xmortal CERO (Japanese game ratings) tries to be strict enough to not only cover their counties laws, but also soft enforce (as in not really enforce, you can release it in defiance of CERO without problems, so long as its only in japan) other countries laws, thats why most games that pass CERO don't have problems in other countries. However, CERO doesn't enforce everything under the sun. In this case, i tried to talk about this on siliconera before the mods decided to soft ban me for being to logical, but when they went global on wii U, they found new zealand has been banning games with sexy themes, so they most likely adjusted the game for new zealand, and rather then make one version just for them, and another for everyone else (this is not profitable) they made this one new version the global version.

the switch one being the global one makes sense, as CERO tries to makes sure all game releases would be approved globally by their ranking.

video games make adjustment to be made for a global audience all the time, that way they can make more money by releasing in more countries. The TMS censor arguments are almost entirely people getting mad because they were aware of it this time, rather then behind closed doors like usual.

4. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no. you are wrong.

if anything, the rating board and laws of japan are much more relaxed compared to any other country.

it is the western sjw and feminists that are the ones who are prompting the censorship and the esrb and the western ratings boards that take these things into issue

5. dawnbomb

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    @tides i would have a hard fucking time believe the USA is what made them make changes when the USA's other TMS release on mobile is not only uncensored, but even more revealing then the original JP wii U stuff.

Melonbear likes this.
  6. xxxamazexxx
    This message by xxxamazexxx has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 20, 2020, Reason: bickering.
    Jan 20, 2020 Show
  7. tides
    This message by tides has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 20, 2020, Reason: bickering.
    Jan 20, 2020 Show
  8. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Complain to ATLUS, this was discussed thousand times before. They did the censoring, not Nintendo or CERO, there was no obligation to do this. Can we get back to the topic?

sadoku and lordelan like this.
  9. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    This!
    It's nothing new and had nothing to do with neither Nintendo or anyone else. It was all ATLUS.

10. Instandhaltung
    This message by Instandhaltung has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 20, 2020, Reason: This isn't what the topic is about..
    Jan 20, 2020 Show
  11. tides
    This message by tides has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 20, 2020, Reason: This isn't what the topic is about..
    Jan 20, 2020 Show
  12. [S]aber

[S]aber GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Thanks to a user on the Discord server, we're good on saves now.

I initially thought this would be an easy undertaking, but sadly all the content has changed from Big Endian to Little Endian because of platform changes, so this is gonna be more of an issue than expected. We're currently at a standstill until we can figure out how to properly extract/repack/edit the lua and models. Textures and text strings are taken care of.

If by any chance there's anyone out there who could help us with changing things (lua + .apak models) from BE to LE, please hit us up on Discord:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/7nsJXa3

MagnesG and whateverg1012 like this.
  13. Celsius_Siren

Celsius_Siren Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Could we use the same method used to convert BOTW WiiU model/mods to BOTW Switch? If I remember correctly, it was BE to LE. I apologize it this is irrelevant. It was just a thought. I know next to nothing about coding.

awdrifter likes this.
  14. brainrotter

brainrotter Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Not a censorship issue, but would it be possible to fix the Pierce glitch? Atlus never patched it on Wii U, and the same will almost certainly be true for Encore.

15. anotherswitchanon

Newcomer

United States
    sorry wrong thread.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  16. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    so is uncensoring patch plan on been ported to switch version?

17. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    What?

Beyondlsd likes this.
  18. darcialo

darcialo Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Wrong,
    Nintendo is the publisher, not Atlus.

19. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    The censoring was all Atlus

20. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector

United States
    Oh I thought it was nintendo becuase of there track record of censoring games

21. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    they just didn't want to make two versions and if it wasn't for the 10% of twitter they wouldn't think to censor it at all which p** me off

ComicMaster148 likes this.
  22. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it literally just an endianness difference? Format's are otherwise identical? That should be easy enough to do

23. zestiva

zestiva GBAtemp Fan

China
    I replace wiiu char texture to ns , wedding dress is ok , but some char have some problem , light and char skin is error , because ns deleted char skin FMAT matrial and FMDL object file , wiiu file can't direct use to ns , how to convert wiiu FMAT and FMDL to ns version?

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      214.5 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      215.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  24. zestiva

zestiva GBAtemp Fan

China

Attached Files:

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      103.9 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      139.8 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      140.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    NemRe, cucholix and ComicMaster148 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Restoration, Possible, Session