Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the-conduit_qjgenth.jpg

Taken from http://www.qj.net/The-Conduit-virtually-un...g/49/aid/133160

QUOTE said:
High Voltage's The Conduit is apparently vulnerable to hackers. This is the diagnosis of hetoan2 -- a hacker himself.

According to him, he discovered that "Everything is virtually unprotected" when he dumped the game's data and used a remote debugging program to open it up. "All values can be edited fairly easily, and there's no virtual sign of an attempt at hiding values, fixing bugs, or preventing online hackers."

Both offline and online codes are completely identical as well, so there should be no difficulty at all in accessing both. "The only difference is in the online mode the game sends the variables in real-time to their server.

And what do you know, he's done his civic duty and released some patch codes, initially altering them as well so that they can corrupt the save files of anyone using them. And what's more, he is now working with High Voltage to catch those cheaters. Their MAC addresses will then be sent to Nintendo for banning.

Guess the old adage does ring true: it takes one to know one.

Hopefully these cheatin bastards will think twice about using those damn annoying health cheats next time they go into Wi Fi.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rock Raiyu said:
Nintendo should have done something like this a long time ago when the cheaters first appeared online in the first place! Why are they worrying about it now!?
Hmm, as far as I can tell not Nintendo is worrying about this... HighVoltage does! I guess the banning would be a piece of cake for Nintendo, if HV gathers all the information about the cheaters.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
Nintendo should have done something like this a long time ago when the cheaters first appeared online in the first place! Why are they worrying about it now!?
They're not worrying about it, I doubt they even care. All they're doing is getting the addresses from High Voltage and banning people, High Voltage are the ones ptting the work in . Nintendo should do the same with their own games but we know they wont.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This person's done the duty of a good samaritan. I respect him for being a good hacker.

EDIT: No pun intended.
EDIT2: No wait, pun definitely intended.

Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo aren't the ones keeping up with this, High Voltage is, and like the article says, the hacker has already given resources they can use to fight back like making it so that cheaters' save files would become corrupted. And banning wouldn't be too hard since there isn't TOO many cheaters, only maybe a few thousand, at least it's not 100,000. They can simply ban the cheaters' MAC addresses from The Conduits servers, problem solved.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Chaos Punk said:
Nintendo aren't the ones keeping up with this, High Voltage is, and like the article says, the hacker has already given resources they can use to fight back like making it so that cheaters' save files would become corrupted. And banning wouldn't be too hard since there isn't TOO many cheaters, only maybe a few thousand, at least it's not 100,000. They can simply ban the cheaters' MAC addresses from The Conduits servers, problem solved.
stop igoring me i got logined in to your account for some reason

St*pid Idi*t with gramatical failure wrote here, using my name, and destroyed my original post...
dry.gif

Summary of destroyed Text:
-Never seen a Hacker Online yet (I'm lucky
tongue.gif
)
-There's a Cheat code from a st*upid who can unbann you (changes last two numbers of MAC)
-Online Cheaters have no long live
-Long live the Edit-Button!!!

Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Chaos Punk said:
stop igoring me i got logined in to your account for some reason
What?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i am not blue- k i am bp2000 but every time i log in it says blue-k

St*pid Idi*t with gramatical failure wrote here, using my name...move on, nothing to see....
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: