To Plug in or not to Plug

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by AdmissionBanned, Oct 20, 2013.

1. AdmissionBanned
    OP

AdmissionBanned Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2013
    Chad
    Should i plug it in i really want to play some Zelda.

I already ordered a new one but i have to wait two week.

Pics http://imgur.com/a/iJUgR

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    That looks like a lightly burned plug. Do you know what caused it? If it was a lightning strike/poor power supply coming into your house or the result of it being shorted/drawing too much power for some reason than yeah I would leave it alone until a new one comes. If it was just from not being plugged in properly (lower area makes for a higher current and can lead to arcing and blackening) or something went pop in a nearby socket then try to clean it up and you can give it a go.

Similarly do you have a multimeter you can test the outputs of the transformer with? If you can test the output Voltages then I would be far happier calling something.

If you do not know what goes then I am afraid you either have to speak to someone that knows electronics or wait until your new one comes.

AdmissionBanned likes this.
  3. AdmissionBanned
    OP

AdmissionBanned Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2013
    Chad
    Well when i had a bad wall plug i took it out and the wall sparked plug got burned and i changed (the wall plug) i got nothing to test and I am not some fool to YOLO and plug it in

4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I doubt the problem is with the AC adapter, so ordering a new one isn't going to be much help (unless the old AC got killed when whatever happened happened).

You need to fix your household wiring, STAT. Call a qualified electrician, this is not something you should be messing with on your own.

If you do get a new AC adapter, don't plug it in until you get your wiring fixed, or it might meet the same fate as the old one.