To Mod or to Brew??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by its, Dec 3, 2008.

1. its
    OP

its Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2008
    Hey Guys

just bought a new Wii on Sunday. WiiKey2 works on my Wii (checked with a modder)

My simple question is that should I mod it via WiiKey2 or should I install Brew (For which I will need to get Twilight )

Please give some opinion.. I am a n00b to this world

Regards

2. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    OI personally have a modchip because that way, I know that all the games in my region will work on it.

3. its
    OP

its Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2008
    I also think the same.. and wiikey2 is easy to install with the clip.. the only thing i fear is warranty wont be there anymore.. but does Wii get spoilt easily?? so i need to keep warranty?

4. kashin

kashin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ah the age-old question arises again, to me the incredibly obvious choice would be to brew.
    Because basically, every game i would want to play, plays at full speed with wifi, what else could i ask for?
    And it'll never stop developing, so if you're not too hasty, brew is the way to go imho!

5. Banger

Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    There is nothing to void warranty, if done right you can not even tell the Wii was open.

I myself would go mod chip as it is much harder for Nintendo to prevent.

6. its
    OP

its Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2008
    I have heard there is no sticker on Wii (cannot see one) which can show warrantty is void.. if the screw heads get spoilt . get new ones to replace it?

7. Tichinde925

Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

Jul 14, 2008
    United States
    Warwick, Rhode Island
    The stickers that cover up the screws can be an easy way to tell that the case was open.

8. its
    OP

its Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2008
    So is it worth keeping the warranty or just put Wiikey2 (solderless which i forgot to mention which should work on my wii serial number according to a modder).. so no hassel for soldering etc..