Hacking To do it...or not too

MaximusX800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will the recent Ultra update, we now have the ability to use Gateway on upto 9.2. 6.0+ can handle new save file encryption types. Since I use retail carts, should I update to say...7.1, so my SYSNAND now has the ability to use those save files? Or do I keep waiting for Gateways save feature.....

Appreciate the feedback.

Btw I am a 4.2U user.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you can update and try it out for a week or so.....see if the web exploit is too annoying, or if the convenience is more beneficial to you, if you use the web exploit you wouldn't need 2 consoles

if it all gets annoying you can just downgrade back to 4.x with the knowledge it wasn't for you

Reactions: Kelton2

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, quick related question :)

A friend of mine has a 7.1 3DS he used to play Pokemon Y.
Since the 7.X uses the not so new encryption key, will he be able to use his Pokemon Y cart in emuNAND 9.4 without the risk of corrupting the save?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if he uses the web exploit yes, if he downgrades to 4.x no

just to clarify there is 2 encryption things in play 6.x save encryption (used for 6.x+ games saves)

and

7.x rom encryption (used for most 7.x+ games) pokemon x/y use 6.x save encryption, but not 7.x rom encryption

pokemon ORAS uses 6.x save encryption and 7.x rom encryption

web exploit on 6.x+ allows retail cards in classic mode to use real 6.x save encryption but not in gateway mode

NDS exploit doesn't allow any proper 6.x save encryption, it uses a alternate key so if the games was played on retail 6.x+ it wont be playable unless you wipe the save

Reactions: mvmiranda

MaximusX800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
web exploit on 6.x+ allows retail cards in classic mode to use real 6.x save encryption but not in gateway mode

Thank you for clarifying this.

...wheres the gateway save feature ><.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
if he uses the web exploit yes, if he downgrades to 4.x no

NDS exploit doesn't allow any proper 6.x save encryption, it uses a alternate key so if the games was played on retail 6.x+ it wont be playable unless you wipe the save

A vast majority of NDS (Original DS games) don't use any encryption at all (and those that did have long since been cracked). Not sure what the hell you're talking about... :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone