TN-V (Installing plugins) ???

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by [^Blark^], Mar 29, 2016.

1. [^Blark^]
    OP

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    Okay I've searched yesterday for a way to install plugins (.prx) to the psvita ecfw (pspmode) apparently It's not as easy as using "psp filer" to just create the seplugins folder and put it on the root directory. (I tried that and it doesn't show up)

I read I need to make my own folders along with the "text file" to activate the plugin and then rename the entire .zip file to anything that begins with a ""P_"" so for example this is my structure I made.

unzipped:
    PSP/seplugins/LCScheat/××××.prx

zipped:
    P_CHEAT.ZIP ( ALL CAPS)
    P_CHEAT/PSP/seplugins/LCScheat/xxxx.prx

(the text file is inside the seplugins directory along with LCSCHEAT folder.)

my problem is with my text file I think. because when I go to click install plugin from the ecfw recovery menu it goes to 100% but the plugin cant be found under "manage plugins" or "Uninstall plugins" so it makes me believe it didn't install.

my text file is just a bunch of strings that relate to the cheat code rather than the file to activate it. I forgot how to write those .txt files I remember vaguely I need to type the plugin name followed by a 1 or 0 but I know that's not all.

can anyone possibly lend a hand? help is greatly appreciated :)

Last edited by [^Blark^], Mar 29, 2016
  2. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    It should be just "ms0:seplugins/LCScheat/××××.prx", not "ms0:PSP/seplugins/LCScheat/××××.prx".

[^Blark^] likes this.
  3. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I resume this thread because this is exactly my problem: I install the plugin (CWcheat) in Recovery Mode, but it doesn't show up anywhere.
    The file structure is the same used by Blark.
    The text string in "game.txt" is "ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1", and the one in "pops.txt" is "ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1".

Where do I go wrong?

4. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Why do you have "1"s at the end of your paths? You don't need those; you only need the path to the plugin and then you're done. :)

5. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I found the string in a guide i don't remember where :P
    I deleted the 1, but nothing changed :(

6. naughtyotsel

naughtyotsel GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2016
    i havent tried it didnt hack the vita yet

7. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    Make an "seplugins" folder. Inside that folder, place your .prx file (In your example, you placed the file one folder down, which is fine so long as it is reflected in your vsh/game/pops.txt file) and create blank text files named vsh.txt and game.txt. In each of those files, add one line "ms0:/seplugins/xxxx/xxxx.prx 1" where the "xxxx" point to the prx file you added previously (The 1 at the end just indicates that the plugin is set to enabled). Then, create a zip file from your seplugins folder (Literally add just that folder to a zip file), and rename with the P_XXX.ZIP convention.

8. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Are you sure about the "1/0" part? Voxel said this wasn't the case, and Blark said this was the part he got wrong in his setup.

9. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I could be wrong. When I did it, I was only taught to just add the path... :P

10. [^Blark^]
    OP

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    I meant I had it wrong as in I added PSP in the string when it's not needed. I never had any 0 or 1 the plugin manager will handle that for you when you either enable or disable it.

Edit: I'm helping cloudfe in a PM unless he figures it out before hand. I successfully installed plugins for LCS but that was months ago. and haven't touched my vita since.

it requires the P_folder and psp filer I believe to move the folder to the correct location so vsh can install it. I'm re installing my plugin in just a few seconds and see exactly what I did since I was following another guide at the time and what voxel said the first time fixed my issue. removing "PSP" from the string of text.

Last edited by [^Blark^], Jul 25, 2016
  11. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah. The 1 or 0 is just to indicate if the plugin is set to enabled or disabled. It's been like that since as far back as I can remember on actual PSPs, and it's how I setup TN-V when I used it.

Isn't required, but it's how I've always done it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The P_XXX zip file needs to be placed in the TNV_0000 save data folder, if I recall correctly.

12. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Blark is a saint! He sent me his files and a guide to help me out, and now everything works :) I suppose my mistake was in zipping sometimes a PSP folder, sometimes a folder with the name of the plugin (on top of the other one more down the line), or maybe some other thing.

I just have one question: do I have to reinstall the plugin every time I edit the cheat database (in my case cheat.db)?