TN-E or PRO B5

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sop, May 8, 2011.

May 8, 2011

TN-E or PRO B5 by Sop at 6:47 AM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    So I recently modded a friends PSP GO for him and I was wondering if I made the right choice with tn e.. He only plays games on it.
    If I did make a bad decision can you just run PRO over tn e? Also don't let this become a flame war.

2. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    He's fine with TN-E. You can't really go wrong with either. I'm using PRO myself as it allows you to use your own PS1 guides in place of the manuals I believe, unless TN-E can do that now too.

PRO-B5 also has a permenant patch if he wants to save 10 seconds.

3. solidsnake13

Newcomer solidsnake13 Member

United States
    If he is just playing PSP games you cannot go wrong with either CFW. PRO is a bit better at compatibility for PSX game though.

4. eosia

Member eosia GBAtemp Regular

United States
    5.50 promethus v3 and patching games with iso tool 1.97 [​IMG] the perfect [​IMG]

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Hopefully you're aware if he attempts to downgrade to 5.50 he will BRICK HIS SHIT because Gos are not compatible. >_>

In my personal opinion if he just wants to play PSP games PRO-5 is a better choice, 6.20 can be perma patched so he does not have to keep running the hack (Making it the FIRST "FULL CFW" for new models aww yeah) and it has better PSX support in case he wants to play old school sometime.

also, why deal with patching games when you can run them clean on 6.20 PRO-5? Patching eboot.bins is a pain in the ass.

I would suggest switching to PRO. I have tried both and found it to suit every one of my needs better (Note, it can also run games from the XMB, no ISO loader needed, and it has it's own special ISO driver for SUPERB game compatibility and faster loading times).

6. nknave

Member nknave GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Stupidest answer ever!!! [​IMG]