Title ID question

Bashir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had a save-data back up of Fire Emblem Fates on the 3ds and I changed the Title Id of it through a HEX editor, would I be able to use the save-data back up for it??

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I had a save-data back up of Fire Emblem Fates on the 3ds and I changed the Title Id of it through a HEX editor, would I be able to use the save-data back up for it??
if ya havent decrypted the save using jksm or checkpoint, then that save file is useless to you, no matter what ya do to it. Since its encrypted to whatever 3ds is was saved on origionally

Reactions: CoolMe

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What exactly do you think the Title ID is, and why do you think changing it would help anything?

Are you referring to a "save-data back up" made using Checkpoint or JKSM, or one made using System Settings, or what?

Bashir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's encrypted or compressed, you just corrupted it.
this is purely hypothetical, i got fire emblem fates and after some problems with the dlc, i had reinstall it. The save data backup from the 3ds wouldn't work (different region) so i was hoping i could edit the first fire emblem fates's title id to have it on the home screen with the second one, use the save data backup from the 3ds system setting on the first, then use JKSM to bring it to the second fire emblem.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. it might be a good sign that you can even find the title id, which is probably a part of the header, but it may or may not work. I really don't know. I know you can see content id as part of a pkg on the ps3, but I've never tried changing it to see what happens. I doubt that would work correctly though as there's a file inside that the system records everything from. no idea if the 3ds has a similar file or something.

Bashir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. it might be a good sign that you can even find the title id, which is probably a part of the header, but it may or may not work. I really don't know. I know you can see content id as part of a pkg on the ps3, but I've never tried changing it to see what happens. I doubt that would work correctly though as there's a file inside that the system records everything from. no idea if the 3ds has a similar file or something.
just found out a easier way, would you check if this would work?

First i hex edit the title id of the second fire emblem fates so i could reinstall the first. use the save data back-up on the first and then use JKSM to get the save data. I then delete the first fire emblem fates and change back the title id of the second title id its original title id. I then use JKSM to up the first fire emblem fates save data on it.
would this work or would the game glitch out since they are different region games (they are both the special edition)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The save data backup from the 3ds wouldn't work (different region)
Why didn't you just say so in the first place!? It would be easier by far just to install the version that corresponds to the region of your save data.

This is the only thing that might work:
-Backup your current save data with JKSM (or Checkpoint)
-Overwrite the files in the backed-up save data with the files from your old JKSM backup from the wrong region
-Re-import the save data with JKSM

Hex editing has nothing to do with this.

If you just have an encrypted save data backup copied off your SD (and it's still not clear exactly what you have), then you can decrypt it and unpack it to get files you can use with JKSM, either by using threeSD or alternatively ninfs with 3ds-save tool.

If that doesn't work, then I can only suggest trying to use a Fire Emblem Fates save editor to copy the data from one save to the other, but I'm not sure what sort of save editors are out there or if they care about specific regions. I found https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw