Not open for further replies.

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is going on with this stupid program?

Attachments

• 20210530_115031.jpg
    20210530_115031.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 318

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You call it stupid but still use it.

Anyway, like what it states there you need to boot using fusee-primary to be able to use it properly. If you use Hekate and boot using fss0 then there's a trick you can do, rename patches.ini in your bootloader folder to something like zpatches.ini and that warning message won't show anymore. But you need to rename it back once you're done or your Switch won't boot.

Last edited by C7XL,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uninstall tinfoil

it's not worth dealing with that shit when there's many other software that does the same job

Last edited by pinbi7,
Reactions: mathew77

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You call it stupid but still use it.

Anyway, like what it states there you need to boot using fusee-primary to be able to use it properly. If you use Hekate and boot using fss0 then there's a trick you can do, rename patches.ini in your bootloader folder to something like zpatches.ini and that warning message won't show anymore. But you need to rename it back once you're done or your Switch won't boot.
I used it in the past so I get used to it. Now I tried using it and got this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

uninstall tinfoil
Alternative?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Alternative?
The world wide web is full with websites where you can download your pirated shitty stuff. I don't get it...the people think tinfoil is the only holy way to download the games for free. But it isn't. Tinfoil is garbage and ruins your hekate setup. DBI, Awoo or goldleaf are good title installers.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
just rebuild hekate to read the patches from a file with a different name and it works

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Tinfoil devs are babies. It's shit when jelously gets over the scene, we all are affected. Luckily, now that stores are dead, there's 0 reason to keep using Tinfoil.

The solution is as simple as exploring the SD card once you already booted the console. You can use NX Shell to do it from the Switch itself or use any other app you like for mass storage transfer or FTP.
Go to the bootloader folder on the root of the card and change the name of the patches.ini file to anything else (I used to simply rename it patches.ini1), now go to Tinfoil and you will be able to use it.
It's critical that you remember to name back the patches.ini file the right way BEFORE turning off the console. Otherwise, next time you boot it Hekate won't be able to load any sigpatches.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil devs are babies. It's shit when jelously gets over the scene, we all are affected. Luckily, now that stores are dead, there's 0 reason to keep using Tinfoil.

The solution is as simple as exploring the SD card once you already booted the console. You can use NX Shell to do it from the Switch itself or use any other app you like for mass storage transfer or FTP.
Go to the bootloader folder on the root of the card and change the name of the patches.ini file to anything else (I used to simply rename it patches.ini1), now go to Tinfoil and you will be able to use it.
It's critical that you remember to name back the patches.ini file the right way BEFORE turning off the console. Otherwise, next time you boot it Hekate won't be able to load any sigpatches.

Stores aint dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How's Samsung still going to make a tablet with 2.0...