Hacking Question Tinfoil USB install FROM OSX

Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You used the force-reinstall option? If so, try the script now, see what happens.

Oh my bad, you're right, I didn't use the force.

Back to permission denied--

Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyusb-1.0.2-py3.7.egg-info/dependency_links.txt'

Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.​

Tried the script again just in case and it's still showing

usb.core.USBError: [Errno 84] Overflow​

In Terminal.

Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The only thing I can think of is to completely reinstall brew, python and libusb?

Is there any way to remove this stuff?

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually running into the same overflow error on a fresh setup of brew, python, and libusb so I have no idea how to go from here

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't realised that this was cross-platform, but it's working for me on mac. I had to install go (with brew) and recompile it as the build on the release page didn't work for me.
what are the commands to do this? I have limited experience with this stuff and appreciate any help you can provide

Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Don't have a big enough usb drive or an extra key at the moment

Yep me neither. Also if dual booting was the solution we wanted, this thread would not be called Tinfoil USB install FROM OSX.

An update that I have upgraded OSX to Mojave 10.14.2 and reinstalled all the required stuff... still getting

usb.core.USBError: [Errno 84] Overflow​

When running the script.

I tried out AluminiumFoil and get the following error when pasting either the path for the folder containing the nsp, or the nsp file itself:

&os.PathError{Op:"open", Path:"/Users/<username>/<directory>\\ \\[0100c1f0051b6000\\]\\[v0\\].nsp ", Err:0x2}​

I am very exasperated :unsure:

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried out AluminiumFoil and get the following error when pasting either the path for the folder containing the nsp, or the nsp file itself:

&os.PathError{Op:"open", Path:"/Users/<username>/<directory>\\ \\[0100c1f0051b6000\\]\\[v0\\].nsp ", Err:0x2}​
Oh yeah, the double backslashes, I had that. Enter the nsp path without any backslashes.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dual-boot into Windows 10. Mac OS is trash for stuff like this. (and in general)

You have to know how to use it. Yeah.. It might be a little bit complicate than windows but once you understand how to use terminal and stuff and it will be a piece of cake, really.

I am a macOS user and a Windows user. I can run Tinfoil USB install with macOS perfectly fine called fusee-launcher-master and run macOS launch.command. Works great!

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh yeah, the double backslashes, I had that. Enter the nsp path without any backslashes.

Thanks man! Tried it but unfortunately doesn't work :/

EDIT:
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH okay so I just tried AluminiumFoil again, pasted the folder containing the nsps..... and then DELETED A SPACE on the end of the command before executing. For some reason when I paste the directory, it automatically adds a superfluous space, which messes up the entire command!

Have tried with one game and it's installed and running fine.

Thank you SO MUCH to all the posters who have offered advice, and if anyone tries the above and is still having issues, let us know!

Thanks again guys, everyone's been super patient. :bow:

twizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed the steps and got up to opening tinfoil - I then went to file browser, usb, and then pasted the code in and nothing happened. I also did it for usbfs and nothing. is this not what it means by going on title management?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I followed the steps and got up to opening tinfoil - I then went to file browser, usb, and then pasted the code in and nothing happened. I also did it for usbfs and nothing. is this not what it means by going on title management?
Just save yourself the headache and use a normal computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.