suchy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just installed HW FLY on my OLED and loaded HATS pack onto the SD card. Everything Seems fine.

I do have a Switch Lite with SX OS on it, so I have used Tinfoil in the past.

However on this OLED, there are no drives listed in File Browser in Tinfoil. Not even its own SD card, let alone USB connection via NUT.

What am I missing ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Just installed HW FLY on my OLED and loaded HATS pack onto the SD card. Everything Seems fine.

I do have a Switch Lite with SX OS on it, so I have used Tinfoil in the past.

However on this OLED, there are no drives listed in File Browser in Tinfoil. Not even its own SD card, let alone USB connection via NUT.

What am I missing ?

https://blawar.github.io/tinfoil/

Go to File Browser and click new (-)

1647862755013.jpeg

Under Protocol you select whatever type you want to add (be sure to select Enable at the bottom) and press (X) to save.

E8F5E40E-44BD-409F-9803-6D7699DB048F.jpeg

suchy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean I should try adding the sdmc, usb, usbfs, etc manually ?

Never heard of this needing to be done ?

Is this normal ?

I have a brand new switch with freshly installed HWFLY and brand new blank memory card, onto which I unpacked the HATS pack ...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean I should try adding the sdmc, usb, usbfs, etc manually ?

Never heard of this needing to be done ?

Is this normal ?

I have a brand new switch with freshly installed HWFLY and brand new blank memory card, onto which I unpacked the HATS pack ...

I’m not familiar with HATS pack. Does it install Tinfoil by default? If so do they use default files for:
/switch/tinfoil/locations.conf
/switch/tinfoil/options.conf

the contents of those config files will determine if it needs to be done or not.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah like what binkinator said, check the locations.conf file, probably it's empty.
To get those emmc/sd/usb items back, get the official release from here:
https://tinfoil.io/Download#download
extract the locations.conf and replace yours on sd card, or merge them manually.

alternatively you could grab the Tinfoil confs from your Switch Lite and then yiur new installation will be precisely the same as your old one.

suchy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you.

I did as advised and indeed paths work again. !

However now attempting to browse PC drives through usbfs in Tinfoil (using NUT) results in a freeze ...

google search indicates I am not isolated.

This is my first contact with AMS/Hekate. It somehow rings a bell that when I was doing my Lite with SX OS I came across something that made me think that I was glad I was getting the SX OS ...

Should Tinfoil USB install work with AMS or what I am experiencing is to be expected ?

I found suggestions of using DBI, ant that seems to work ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

I did as advised and indeed paths work again. !

However now attempting to browse PC drives through usbfs in Tinfoil (using NUT) results in a freeze ...

google search indicates I am not isolated.

This is my first contact with AMS/Hekate. It somehow rings a bell that when I was doing my Lite with SX OS I came across something that made me think that I was glad I was getting the SX OS ...

Should Tinfoil USB install work with AMS or what I am experiencing is to be expected ?

I found suggestions of using DBI, ant that seems to work ?

I persinally run AND recommend both.
Tinfoil works great with Atmosphere.
DBI is a great installer as well. You will need to make sure your drivers are up to date. You can Google it or hit the DBI Drivers link in my sig.

Come to think of it it’s probably drivers with Tinfoil as well. Drivers are where most folks get caught up. Gotta read those instructions carefully…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello