Homebrew Question Tinfoil games missing

pedrogps08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some titles are missing in tinfoil for me.

I uninstalled Mario Maker, and got back to reinstall it, but i can´t find it on tinfoilshop.

Same goes for Smash bros and Captain Toad.

Anyone knows what is going on? How can i fix that? is that a problem with my tinfoil?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as Tinfoil shop. The fact that first parties are missing tells me you are using HBG Shop, which does not have first party games.

You should buy the game from the eShop, then dump it to keep a backup on your SD card.

naysmu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @blawar , sorry to bother you on this thread, but I couldnt find an option to private message you

On this other thread you told @upfromtheskies to add usbhdd:/ protocol to tinfoil, to make it appear on "file browser" menu.

How do I do that? I couldnt find anything anywhere, it would really save my life, thanks!!!!

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @blawar , sorry to bother you on this thread, but I couldnt find an option to private message you

On this other thread you told @upfromtheskies to add usbhdd:/ protocol to tinfoil, to make it appear on "file browser" menu.

How do I do that? I couldnt find anything anywhere, it would really save my life, thanks!!!!

manually edit locations.conf , I’ll add it back into the gui later

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey obviously not right place, no discord ATM, but I'm interested in feedback...

In this case, it'd be 'nice' if Tinfoil(or any other install 'manager') kept track of installation media free space.

Crazily I ran into this today, although I expected it, but I wondered if Tinfoil would flag me, but it did not, or IOW I queued up more installations than there was free usd card space for, HOWEVER tinfoil didn't bitch until it ran outof space.

Sue me. I'm experimenting... and TBH I fully expected that result, HOWEVER tinfoil didn't recover well after filling up storage, so two items:

1. est. req. install space v. free storage space
2. recover gracefullyish if (1) is not met
3. I don't use nx/horizon mode much but I wanted to experiment with some things, and hey tinfoil kept letting me add crap that I KNEW was NOT going to fit

o,w, @blawar good job man! ignore the phools.. BTW any chance of being able to easily/quickly create a .csv or other organizeable export of installed software? I'm testing mult. cap uSD and skipping repeats would be nice, but not totally necessary other than normal users might like it...

Thanks for the fish and so long

[EDIT]
Any chance of .csv or similar dump of installed sw?
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol