Hacking Tinfoil errors in SXOS

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Recently started having issues with Tinfoil installs giving me “Failed to register placeholder NCA” when installing anything. SX Core chip, patched V1, 11.0 and SXOS 3.1.0. Latest Tinfoil version. Realised I’d been using a Mac to manage the SD card so I followed the guide to repair archive bits in Windows - resulting in all games/homebrew failing to start at all.

Loaded up Hekate and fixed the archive bits and the existing games now load again but still getting the error message in Tinfoil - anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next?

Just tried deleting and reinstalling Tinfoil and the installer quits without actually installing it. Awoo installer doesn’t load up and crashes SXOS when you try and close it.

Update on this.... tried reinstalling the Tinfoil NSP this time after deleting it, through SXOS album installer, after fixing archive bits through Hekate and now it’s back up and running again. No idea what happened or why the NRO installers aren’t working but it’s fine for now.

Last edited by britain4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1