Seems like a fair deal, I guess.
Persona 5 tho

Reactions: osirisjem

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wouldn't it make more sense to do this with a PS4? Oh well, retailers are probably either paid by Microsoft or really want to get rid of their Xbones.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Or even better, keep the PS3 and buy a PS4 at the same price! Profit!

On a more serious matter, interesting promo. I wonder what would be recycled, how and where.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wouldn't it make more sense to do this with a PS4? Oh well, retailers are probably either paid by Microsoft or really want to get rid of their Xbones.
Not really - when you have a PS4, you already have no reason to get an XBox One. With PS3, they at least have a chance... :tpi:

Seriously though, this is an offer that's supposed to entice customers who haven't upgraded to Next Gen consoles yet. Microsoft really wants people to get on-board with their new system, preferably while simultaneously damaging Sony's market share.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really - when you have a PS4, you already have no reason to get an XBox One. With PS3, they at least have a chance... :tpi:

Seriously though, this is an offer that's supposed to entice customers who haven't upgraded to Next Gen consoles yet. Microsoft really wants people to get on-board with their new system, preferably while simultaneously damaging Sony's market share.
I meant PS3 -> PS4, not PS4 -> Xbone. It seems to me that PS3 -> PS4 and X360 -> Xbone makes more sense as a trade in scheme.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I meant PS3 -> PS4, not PS4 -> Xbone. It seems to me that PS3 -> PS4 and X360 -> Xbone makes more sense as a trade in scheme.
Judging by the looks of the ad, this is a Microsoft-funded scheme... sooo... PS3/360 ---> XBox One is the intention. :P

EDIT: I giggled.

EPrJz5x.jpg

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
microsoft-ps3-trade-in-deal-580-90.jpg
The American Microsoft Store is taking in PlayStation 3 consoles which are working and also Xbox 360 models too for a store credit of $100.​
Possible reasons why Microsoft would want you to trade your PS3 in?​
A) You only own consoles of Microsoft's brand.​
B) Reuse parts of the PS3 consoles for Xbox One (Blu-ray Player?).​
C) Resell them for higher prices.​
The word "Ditch" should be swapped by "Trade" because that just doesn't appropriate at all.​

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea what Microsoft would do with the traded PS3s
It doesn't really matter what they would do with them. The idea is to simply to attempt to convert a Sony gamer to Microsoft gaming through making what they seem to think is an enticing offer. It relies pretty heavily upon the idea that the person trading in the PS3 wants an Xbox One in the first place, and yeah, sorry Xbox One, but people just don't want you as much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp