• CIAngel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a lot faster than doing that! You could have a CIA downloading a minute after deciding what you want to play, whereas you'd have to find a place to download the .3ds, navigate through all the adfly links and survey links, then put files on and off your 3DS to get xorpads etc, then wait for it to actually convert.
That's awesome! I'll be using CIAngel from now on then.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh and one idea to add: it's possible to install a CIA from a web address (as shown by the QR code CiA installer). Could you maybe always keep the latest version in the same place, and have that place hard coded into the app, and have it self-update (ie download and install the latest version, if the version doesn't match what is in the hard coded address)?
Having a direct downloader for the wings.cia built in has a few drawbacks. One is that GBATemp and the 3dshacks subreddit frown on it. Second is that someone would have to take the risk of hosting the file on their server, since most services like mega don't allow direct downloading.

I download .3ds games and convert them to cia and install with BBM. Does CIAngel let you find and download anything you want or something? Why not keep converting games?
CIAngel allows downloading content directly from Nintendo's CDN, and either creating a CIA, or installing directly on to your 3DS. The only downside is someone has to have shared the titlekey for the game beforehand (The titlekeys are stored in wings.json, which can be found linked on that iso site).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Having a direct downloader for the wings.cia built in has a few drawbacks. One is that GBATemp and the 3dshacks subreddit frown on it. Second is that someone would have to take the risk of hosting the file on their server, since most services like mega don't allow direct downloading.
Not for wings.json, for CIAngel itself. QR Code installer can install CIAs from mega links. And it could just be hosted on cearp's personal site (there's no piracy in it).
Edit: would another feature in the future be to just install a ticket and not download the whole CIA? When I generated all the tickets a few days ago with FunKeyCIA and installed them, a bunch of games appeared that I'd had before my system transfer but weren't useable due to not having tickets I guess. I just noticed VLR is now on that title key database, maybe it got added recently? It still has that grey X in data management so would be handy to be able to just generate & install the ticket. Anyway I will generate a ticket now with Funkey :-)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for ticket injection as I feel it is better.

However I have a region changed system which means I cannot connect to the eshop. So, CIAngel and Decrypt9 are what I use.

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAngel has had the ability to install directly from the Nintendo CDN for a little bit now, no temporary files are created (Aside from a temporary tmd and cetk, which get overwritten during every install, and are only a few kb in total size).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CIAngel has also had a progress bar for a little while now, for both download and install modes.

Late reply, I think I was using it on one of the 2.x builds, or at least before it was implemented since I remember it just saying something like "Now building CIA file..." and staying like that until it was done. I was waiting for some kind of mention of it before updating but must've missed it somewhere LOL

I checked out the newest release earlier to see how it was coming along though and I was glad to see it and all the improvements, though! Can't think of anything I want to try out or backup right now but I'll have to test it out next time I need something rather than go through FBI.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for ticket injection as I feel it is better.

However I have a region changed system which means I cannot connect to the eshop. So, CIAngel and Decrypt9 are what I use.
Ambassador games being the prime example (but really for anything without a page in the eshop), ticket injection is absolutely NOT better. You can't download anything from eshop without finding the page (they don't appear under redownloadable software). Direct from CDN has no such limitation.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May i ask if the CIAs that CIAngel installs works without cfw?
No, without Nintendo's private signing key there is no way (outside dumping existing "legit CIAs") for us to ever create CIAs that will work without some sort of signature patching in place

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
CIA generation because I don't want to go through the process of unbanning my 3DS in case Nintendo figures out that there is something not right with my eShop downloads.

Delumine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESHOP ticket method is superior. You download the tickets with grooveycia quickly FTP them to your DS, batch install with FBI. And queue up to 10 titles so they download in sleep mode and install directly without duplicate files taking up space. So you can wake up to 10 new titles

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Directions for FBIv2.0-2.0.5:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it.
4. Visit the eShop on your 3DS and use the searchbar to find your game.
5. In the games page it will have the option to redownload.
6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tickets best - can use eShop for downloading and installing, so can have multiple games downloading in sleep mode instead of having to wait for each one. Plus in the eShop, a search returns actual results ;-)
How's this for search results lol?

CLF7e3F.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom