giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So where I am at the moment (Kent, South East England) it is thundering and lightning. It's 1 of my favourite kinds of weather. So yeah I just thought I'd share that.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the visual, but I don't like having to turn off all the electronics (video game, TV, PC).
Take pics, if it is beautiful.
smile.gif

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man I wish we would get a good storm. It's been humid and sweltering and our area has been due potential thunder storms for over a week, but all the storm systems keep just missing us. It sucks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
I hate both of them
I dont like their loud noise, it makes me scared. (Yes I am afraid of lightning and thunder)
Agreed. I don't like them either as they make me feel nervous. That and the fact that my PC doesn't have a surge protector on it :S

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love storms myself but the thunder & lightning last night was pretty worrying. Quite a lot of long lasting flashes followed by the loudest thunder I've ever heard, I thought a bolt hit the golf course next to me and with that having shit loads of metal poles everywhere and being next to the train tracks I was worried.

Kid slept through it all, the cats had to be dosed up on cat nip to calm them down.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw some of it after I woke up last night, somewhat mediocre here (especially compared to this time last year) but had to do the unplug stuff routine- I need to buy a UPS.

Fortunately animals around here are too lazy to care about thunder (which is nice as they are so old catnip does not have much of an effect).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
At 2am there was the most immense crack of thunder that was so loud it sounded like a power station had exploded! Needless to say lots of wide awake people and several car alarms followed!

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope it thunders again tonight. I love it. Luckily I have loads of surge protectors so nothing should blow up. It was so loud last night, I actually thought someone crashed their car into a wall or something when I first heard it. My mum woke up with such a start that she ripped 1 of her bed posts off lol.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't get any thunder or lightning...or I slept through it
rofl2.gif
it wouldn't supprise me I've slept through an earthquake before (not a hugely powerful one but powerful enough for England 3.6).

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
rofl2.gif
it wouldn't supprise me I've slept through an earthquake before (not a hugely powerful one but powerful enough for England 3.6).
Well if I remember correctly that earthquake was more to the north of England, I don't think there was any thunder there. It's a shame you missed out on some great blue flashes.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
DarkWay said:
rofl2.gif
Well if I remember correctly that earthquake was more to the north of England, I don't think there was any thunder there. It's a shame you missed out on some great blue flashes.

mellow.gif
........I live in cornwall and we definately felt it down here, it woke the rest of my family up and my dog, plus other of my relatives that live down here felt it along with several of my friends who didn't sleep through it......
mellow.gif

EDIT: complete and utter typing fail

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
giratina16 said:
DarkWay said:
rofl2.gif

mellow.gif
........I live in cornwall and we definately felt it down here, it woke the rest of my family up and my dog, plus other of my relatives that live down here felt it along with several of my friends who didn't sleep through it......
mellow.gif

EDIT: complete and utter typing fail
Oh weird, it completely missed me. It's weird for us to have earthquakes anyway, we're not on the edge of a tectonic plate.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love thunderstorms
biggrin.gif
Power cuts, not so much, but our power has been fine.

It was a dry thunderstorm here yesterday (i.e. no rain), which is very rare; I don't think I've seen one before, come to think of it.

I also heard thunder a few minutes ago, and it's raining quite a bit now. No more thunder since that one but I hope it comes back.

PS: Wow, I opened this reply box ages ago and forgot to post...
mellow.gif

So, everything I said still stands, but it actually applies from a little over 2 hours ago...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.