Thoughts on Blood of Bahamut

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Prosoccer, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Prosoccer
    OP

Prosoccer Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    Canada
    I was just looking at some of the new screenshots that came out today, and they look incredible. The game does not have a release date, but IGN says it is 1-4 players. After watching some of the videos on youtube, it appears that it has a real time battle system. It looks like a combination of Final Fantasy and Shadow of the Colosus. If anyone has anymore information or is just psyched about this game like I am, then post some screens or new info.

2 Nice screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JDandy

JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Generic male swordfighter.
    Generic female mage.
    What-the-fuck-is-that-thing by the name of KAMOS OGREKIN.
    Elderly dogman called SANTIAGO.

Awesome names like that tend to make up for a lot.
    So does wifi co-op.
    Really curious what happens between the whole giant-enemy-weakpoint-bashing parts, I mean, it can't ALL be bossrushan. Can it?

3. DaRealChrono

DaRealChrono Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2009
    United States
    It looks mighty ambitious.

For some reason I'm not buying into it though. I have been wrong before, however.

4. killakev

killakev Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Well well,i love how this looks really going to wait on this one(not that i have much of a choice) seems like a boss i would see in ffX Anyways -imagines online random buddy wifi story mode/mission mode with other players-

Any idea when this game will be released? or even mentioned in JP

5. akuchan

akuchan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2007
    Australia!~
    It's square enix right? I want =)

6. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 11, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Earth
    Ah yes I saw a homepage of this sometime, I wonder if it will be good^^

7. Noraxu67

Noraxu67 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hellish Gaming World...
    Yes it is by Square-Enix™ And was though to be some kind of sequel or has a connection with the SNES console's "Bahamut Lagoon" game, but kinda of farout from it.... Anyway I'm really hoping for the release of this game!

8. Sp33der

Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

May 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    Can't wait for this game, wondering if ti will get a release outside Japan [​IMG]

9. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    My sentiments exactly. [​IMG]

Sure, anyone could flub up a game, but SE is a like an amazing lover, and I won't question her desire to try something different. I'll just close my eyes and let her do her thing. (Did I say that aloud? [​IMG] )

But if folks are expecting Shadow of the Colossus, then yeah, I think there's going to be some confusion, if not disappointment. There is the obvious visual and thematic comparison, but I believe you're just going to remain on the platform fighting the entire time. There's been no mention of a grab mechanic like the one in SotC.

That said, I'm sure there will be more than just one boss fight after the next. Square Enix loves to give their fans a good story, so I'm confident there will be plenty of substance to the game's presentation.

P.S. -- Love the trademark symbol there, Noraxu67. [​IMG]

10. Ishidori

Ishidori GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Santiago is so generic in my country almost like Jhon o Peter T_T, i suppose japanesse player find it cool.

n_n Anyway look awsome, another game to make us impatient.

11. Friendo

Friendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2008
    United States
    This looks awesome!

12. litium

litium GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2008
    Argentina
    Argentina
    Awesome, it lookslike Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 but for DS. I can't wait to try this out.

13. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Looks really good (like every Square Enix game). It seems a little bit like Shadow of the Colossus... which is a good thing. Can't wait to try it out.

14. Goshogun1

Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Looks freaking awesome. SOTC is one of my top 10 games of all time. I always appreciate it when Squeenix tries to make a new series, as opposed to constant remakes and spinoffs (which I do like BTW). Looks damn good.

15. Firedrake1

Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2007
    United States
    Traverse City, Mi
    This looks like a lot of fun! However, I'm betting it will have the piracy protection and to be honest. I still can't get ChronoTrigger to work so I'm kinda sad.

16. Noraxu67

Noraxu67 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hellish Gaming World...
    Thanks I always pay Square-Enix some respect to their name, anyway instead of being a sequel to Bahamut Lagoon, how bout thinking that this is somehow connected with Shadow of Colossus?

17. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Sweden, Falkenberg
    You forgot the trademark symbol! =O

18. Noraxu67

Noraxu67 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hellish Gaming World...
  19. fateastray

fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2007
    Netherlands
    I hope it's not too much like SOTC, couldn't even get past the first 3 minutes of the game!! (Are you supposed to ride the horse up those circular stairs or what? I can't do it!!)

20. Exbaddude

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Looks Great! It may be blocky though :s.