This isn't a WTB thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ShadowSoldier, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I'm just curious, I'm looking to buy some GameCube games, and the reason why I put this thread here is because I can't and unable to buy them right away. And this is basically just a scope thread to find out how much funds I need to get. I'm curious as to who's selling stuff and what kind of price your looking for.

I'm not looking to buy, but in the future I would, and assuming anybody has GameCube stuff to sell. I have the console and 2 controllers and memory cards, but I have no games. So I need a collection going on.

mods you can move this to the wtb section, but it's pointless as I can't buy anything. I'm just looking for price ranges.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Depends on what you want I suppose. I've seen games sell from anywhere between $5-$25.

EDIT: Is there anything in particular you're looking for or just anything? I've got an extra copy of Super Mario Sunshine in pretty good condition I might let go of.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I'd be interested in that. Like I said, I have no games, I'm borrowing a friends copy of Luigi's Mansion, and I'd like to be able to have some games to play on it y'know?

I go to EB games or check on Ebay and some things are just so expensive.

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    You one of those original hardware people, or would you consider grabbing a Action Replay and SD Gecko so you can SD load gamecube games?

(BTW... My zombie will kill you next time.)

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Gotcha. May have a copy of Soul Calibur 2 around as well, will have to take a look for you.

EDIT: In my rummaging around I did manage to find Super Smash Bros Melee, however I'm not sure whether it works or not. It looks a bit messy, but no huge scratches or anything...I'd test it, but unfortunately I don't have a power cable for my GC anymore nor do I have an accessible Wii...

6. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I would check out the local thrift stores but that might be slim pickings for a while. Right now PS1 games seem to be the most popular items. At least the thrift stores only charge 2-3 dollars maybe 5-10 (prices seem so random I have seen an original copy of FF7 for 3 bucks... and yes I did snatch it up.)

I know I picked up all the GC games I have when the Wii first launched, the prices where really great. I could walk out of EB with like 5 games for 20 bucks.

7. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Well at this point in time, I have no choice but to load games, but I'd like to have a collection going.

And no it won't. My zombie will kill you. Assuming I don't kill it first because it has A LOT of sweet loot lol.

8. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    WAIT. I was wondering what happened to that darn Zombie. I let someone else play, and they loss all my loot. Went back there today and no Zombie. Darn you ShadowSoldier. I had cake in there.

9. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Oh I know. I ate it. I also had energy drink to wash it down. It was full of good!

10. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    I don't know if you would consider this for your collection, but I have the latest revision of Action Replay for GCN. I also have Sonic Adventure Dx and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which I might be willing to part with, since HD versions of both games are available on XBLA. Both games have their original case. I might have some other stuff too that I might be willing to pawn off. ;)

As for prices, the cheapest on Amazon for SA Dx used is $13.49, and the cheapest for SA2:B used is $26.99... so I'm thinking $10 each, or $15 for both. I know you're not buying now, but would that sound fair to you?

11. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    15 for both sound great.

Also by prices, I mean, Mario Sunshine just on a quick search of ebay, 30-40.
    Mario Party - 35 dollar range
    Double Dash - 35 dollars
    Smash Bros - 40 dollars
    Twilight Princess - 50 dollars
    Soul Calibur 2 - 15 dollar range (which isn't too bad I suppose)
    Pikmin - 25 dollar range.

To me that's waaaay too expensive for those games.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  12. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    Seriously? I just grabbed Soul Calibur 2 at GameStop (a rare find, as most GameStops dont sell GameCube anymore) for like $3... They had a whole set of GameCube games, including some gems, for no more than $7 each at most. The only ones more than that were some of the first party titles, like Kirby Air Ride.