Hacking Third Party WiiU Pro controllers?

ArabianNights

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy, I was browsing Amazon and noticed there are quite a few knock off WiiU pro controllers on the market, most for nearly half price. I was wondering if any one has used any of them. And if so, how well (if at all), do they work with nintendont/loadiine? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy, I was browsing Amazon and noticed there are quite a few knock off WiiU pro controllers on the market, most for nearly half price. I was wondering if any one has used any of them. And if so, how well (if at all), do they work with nintendont/loadiine? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
No no no no no don't do it they are cheap for a reason do I really need to say anymore???

Reactions: ArabianNights

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go with Amazon. I would go with Ebay. I bought 2 controllers for about 20 bucks. So, 10 bucks each, and they have been working wonders for me ever since I bought them.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend bought some generic ones on eBay. They're decent at best.

The d-pad is clicky, but also very finicky, the triggers are absolutely terrible, and the analog sticks feel decent until you press them. Whether or not those problems are worth you saving $40 is up to you.

Also, yes they work exactly as regular Pros, meaning that they will work with Nintendont and Loadiine.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have USB controllers you should wait, soon you will be able to use those as Pro controllers with HID to VPAD (unless you prefer the layout of the pro controller)

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have bougth a fake Wii U Pro Controller from Amazon for around 20€. I never played with a real one, so I can't tell you the difference between them, but the one I bought worked fine and I had never problems with it. It came with a charging cable and looks exactly like to original, just without the Wii U logo. It feels good in the hand, and all the controlls were responsive.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this one from GameStop. It works well, and has a cool glow effect that can be turned on/off. Though you should also listen to the others in this thread, they have good advice too.

GoHomeMate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man i have 2 knock off pro controllers i originally bought one but the right analog was broken so they sent me a replacement. they work but they feel cheap and the d pad is not very good you can press all directions at the same time which is a problem on most cheap controllers because you press right and it will sometimes register up right or up down which is annoying

However, if you have wiimotes, i bought 2 knock off Classic Controller Pro from china (about 6$ each on ebay) and they are GREAT the dpad is perfect it doesnt have the problem mentioned above and the analogs are also great and all the buttons feel right the controller feel good in hands and it even came with a protective plastic film on the shiny part i was very impressed with the quality and its awesome for virtual console games but if you want to play sm4sh with it it will take some getting used to.

EDIT : if you buy the classic pro controllers make sure to get rechargeable wiimotes batteries with a cradle charger (a quality kit is like 10$) so you dont have to keep buying AA batteries the one i bought was like 13$ and it charges 2 wiimotes as well as my wii u gamepad and it came with 2 Lithium 2800mah batteries that never died on me while playing ( i always put them on the charger while not in use )

Last edited by GoHomeMate,

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one on ebay for about $11 shipped. It does the job, and seems to work fine. But the analog sticks feel a little tight, though I can't compare to an OEM pro controller. Still... I can't complain as I knew the quality would be subpar. It's a gamble though, and you're better off getting an official one.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this one from Amazon & it works a treat, Really good. Only cost me £12 I think.. Had it almost 2+ years now, No problems at all...

y9amuqy9.jpg

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
D

Deleted User

As someone who just bought an official Wii U Pro Controller (my GamePad's L-Stick is busted), I can say that it's worth the price.
It is so light, it's battery lasts 80+ hours and feels comfortable in your hands. The shiny black surface looks professional as well.

As for your original question, if the knock-off controller works in retail games, then it should theoretically work in Nintendont and Loadiine, as those programs use the same controller libraries that are used in official titles. Your mileage may vary, though.

GoHomeMate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As someone who just bought an official Wii U Pro Controller (my GamePad's L-Stick is busted), I can say that it's worth the price.
It is so light, it's battery lasts 80+ hours and feels comfortable in your hands. The shiny black surface looks professional as well.

As for your original question, if the knock-off controller works in retail games, then it should theoretically work in Nintendont and Loadiine, as those programs use the same controller libraries that are used in official titles. Your mileage may vary, though.

Hey you probably know this already but you can get the replacement part here :

http://ebay.com/itm/C-Replacement-L...U-Gamepad-Controller-/291523214065?nav=SEARCH

And it's also very easy to install but you need a triwing screwdriver

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always stick to the simple motto of, you get what you pay for.
They are cheap for a reason and it's not just that they don't have the massive markup that the big boys add on. They use cheaper components and that effects everything.

They'll get the job done, but they just won't feel right and they generally won't last as long. It's a false economy, it seems good at the time because you are saving that much needed cash. But in the long run you'll buy more of them and end up spending at least as much as the official controller costs.

If you're ok with that then bash on, but I'd recommend saving and getting the higher quality item, it's worth it in the long run.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i got a fake chinese one and a real one and i advice getting a real one for sure, even if used, my fake one batery lasts like 2 hours at most, also the joysticks are kinda meh, my real one lasts forver lol you charge it once and like only a month after you need to charge it again, and everything is spot on, i bought it used and its one of the buys i will never regret, its the best nintendo controller after the original gc controller imo.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i got a fake one. Random controller inputs are made when the controller shakes or isn't steady, I think the battery was hardwired into the controller as i didn't know a safeway to take it out. The problem was when i was looking to buy, it was cheap likee $22 or something and when i got it, it malfunconted within a week. Also i noticed it didn't have the nintendo logo on it so it was a fake. I had to buy a new one and legit one anyway. Was more expensive.:angry:

Rak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also got two cheap ones in ebay and they do the job fine when my friends come over to play smash 4, but I don't think they are a good idea for a main controller. As people have already said, you get what you pay for: The build quality is inferior to my official nintendo one and they lost their charge pretty fast too. As long as you know what you are getting into, they are perfectly good "side" controllers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"