Third party gamecube controller adapters and nintendon't

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Redleader388, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Redleader388
    OP

Redleader388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    United States
    So I'm going to install nintendon't on my wii u to be able to play the gamecube games I have off a thumb drive. My question is has anyone had success doing this using the cheaper third party gamecube controller adapters or do I need to get the official one from nintendo?

2. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    United States
    I have the Mayflash Gamecube adapter that has 4 ports and works with both the Wii U and PC. It works perfectly with all the games I've played with on Nintendont. Don't know if all third party adapters work the same, but I can verify the Mayflash one does.

WaveSmash likes this.
  3. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Nintendont supports generic USB Controllers, but I don't know if a GC one would work.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Did you not read the previous reply they do work.

5. Redleader388
    OP

Redleader388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    United States
    Its actually the mayflash one I was looking into picking up Ponyboy. You've saved me time money and frustration. I thank you

6. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    The Mayflash Gamecube adapter with two GC ports doesn't work for some reason. It's been clarified somewhere, and my one just simply doesn't want to work with it. The 4 port Mayflash adapter does work, as does the official adapter.

7. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    I have the official gamecube adapter from nintendo and it works great. I play PSO+ on it with my wife and 2 gamecube controllers. Do yourself a favor and get the official one.

8. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    The four-port gamecube adapter from eBay works fine for me in Nintendont, even with the official Wavebird Controllers