Gaming Thinking about getting a second wiiu

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about getting a second wiiu but before I even do that I’m wondering if I could download my purchases I got on my first one without a system transfer. Basically I’m wondering if this is still the case. Don’t really know how many consoles could use the same nintendo id. Only asking because I know eshop might not exist soon on wiiu unless that somehow already happened for new game purchases.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii-u...the-eshop-will-you-be-able-to-share-this-game

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looked I got till 2022 before eshop closes and you can’t get a new purchases, I guess if anything I’ll just need to purchase brain age again or the few game purchases I did on my first console. I was crossing my fingers that I would have somehow been able to link my account to two consoles.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're name is ironic, because aroma is supposed to release at some point and it uses fst or failst to be exact. it can install that exploit over anything installed, including default apps. it's not designed as a coldboot method, but it will get you into the homebrew launcher. I think they're waiting on a coldboot method, which is in the works, to replace cbhc for good and be much safer.

Reactions: fst312

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's already a failst method, but it may not be compatible with aroma. aroma has a checksum checker of some sort that I've heard of from the developer, when I asked about that method. it can replace haxchi already, but don't install it if you want aroma.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what you do essentially is install the exploit over anything, then replace the rpx with the home from the homebrew launcher rpx. I think you have to alter the cos.xml as well, since I think it has to do with the rpx checksum at least, but I'm not sure exactly how. I've never looked at the cos.xml for the wii u. I think the ps4 has them too.

Reactions: fst312

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not out yet. it's in beta testing last I heard. you can probably system transfer like that. I'd assume it only transfers over the licenses in case you're worried about that. I don't know about using the same nnid on multiple wii u's. I know you can use the same account on multiple switches as that's what I'm doing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my guess is nintendo's concern with multiple consoles with same nnid is piracy. on the switch, any secondary system must sign in to play a game from the primary switch's account, which is also the same account as the secondary switch obviously. I don't know if you have to stay signed in or not though, but probably, so it's a pita, because you can't even play different games on both switches at the same time (if they're digital). it won't let you.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have my account on more than one switch and I was hoping somehow that was a thing with the wiiu but it seems not to be. I used my account on more than one switch and I think after the third or forth time you try linking your online account, nintendo does not allow you to go online with the last system you tried linking it to.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure what the limit is. I have my account on 3 switches. I don't plan to buy another unless I sell one of these first. not so interested in the oled model, since I don't play portably at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?