Think these games are legit?

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this seller on ebay, has a bunch of GBA games for cheap, think they're real copies? I dunno much about Chinese knock-offs and stuff, maybe you guys know more.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. That mean the feedback is possibly faked as well?
Well just because they're bootleg doesn't mean they won't work, so lots of it could be from real customers that are buying the fakes and not noticing anything... but if you look through it, a lot of the feedback is the exact same string, down to the punctuation.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They'll all be fakes like some I received from a similar seller (DKC3 at the bottom is real for comparison): http://imgur.com/a/KBS4r

Got my money refunded really quick and they came in game cases, so cant really complain about free cases for my other (real) carts :)

Edit: You can tell they are fake without opening them
  • Real Games have a 2 character code pressed into the label. Not printed, actually pressed into it, you can just see it on the DK3 cart in the bottom pic if you view full size, just above the nintendo 'seal' logo. Ive never seen a fake with this.
  • Real games have Nintendo ® stenciled onto the PCB, visible if you look up inside where the contacts are. On the super mario world cart they did try to copy this, yet used the least official looking sticker Ive seen which kinda cancels out their effort :)
  • The games shell sometimes feels more flexible
  • Sometimes 'Nintendo' is spelled incorrectly on the back
It's easy to open them with a triwing screwdriver, which are like 60c shipped from dealextreme.

The fakes normally work, its just that the ability to save will normally fail relatively quick due to them all using battery backed SRAM. The build quality is obviously terrible also.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also nice how the description goes so far as to let the purchaser know that:

It has been opened but never used and the game is in excellent condition, comes with a fitted plastic protective case.

But wait!

All games card was tested and guarantee working perfect.

And while we're at it...

Brand second hand in good condition.

So is the game unused or not? And is it in excellent condition, or just good condition?

I'd count testing the cartridge as "used", aside from being out of the packaging in the first place. "Excellent" to me implies like-new condition (not unused, mind you, but near-perfect. I bought a used copy of Platinum once from Gamestop, came with case, manual, Club Nintendo code (unused), and everything. Had it not been missing the cellophane, you'd never have known it was used.) "Good", on the other hand, implies visible but light wear - a scuff here or there on the casing, contacts maybe a bit dirty, sticker peeling at a corner and starting to fade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed