Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This.
With PayPal knowing who you are, due to the connection to you bank account.
Later: nobody will lend you money, nobody will rent you a house, nobody will let you pay in instalments, no credit, no nothing.
That can't prove it is you - I could have access to a friend's back account, or I could be committing identity fraud. They have no information upon which to do anything to your credit rating.

And besides the point is the fact that PayPal isn't even a form of credit. Unless you take out their credit card option. So it isn't possible for PayPal to have any impact on your credit rating no matter what you do. Even if for some reason you decide to send them scans of your passport and drivers license.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How? They have no idea who you are. You don't have to provide a driver's license or anything. Or are they going to damage the credit rating of every Mary Smith (or whoever) on the face of the planet?

If debt collectors have no id, just a name and a phone number, the only way they can get money out of you is to hope you are gullible enough and scare it out of you.

People connect their bank to paypal.
Either a credit card or debit card.

I believe that's the only way to get a verified account, at any rate. Been a while. But that's the basic way to use paypal.

If you link your bank in any fashion, they don't have to know 'who' you are. Your bank does.
and on that note, they know who you are because you can't use your bank info without providing your REAL info.

Paypal can and will pursue you using this information.

That can't prove it is you - I could have access to a friend's back account, or I could be committing identity fraud. They have no information upon which to do anything to your credit rating.

And besides the point is the fact that PayPal isn't even a form of credit. Unless you take out their credit card option. So it isn't possible for PayPal to have any impact on your credit rating no matter what you do. Even if for some reason you decide to send them scans of your passport and drivers license.

This isn't the internet.
"My friend did it" isn't an excuse.
Identity fraud is investigated thoroughly to prove whether it is or not. So no, identity fraud will not affect your credit rating if proven to be true.

edit: oh and Paypal is a well known and respected company. If they tell your bank you fucked them, your bank is going to believe them. DEBTS OWED affect your credit rating, they eat it the longer they fester.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

http://schufa-und-finanzen.net/2012/11/paypal-trotz-schufa-fragen-und-antworten/
Second and third paragraph.

PS: I know it is in German, trust me, ask google translate, or translate yourself, I am lazy.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess you'll have to take this as a learning experience. I had one dealing in cash and physical goods, but it was much less value.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
People connect their bank to paypal.
Either a credit card or debit card.

I believe that's the only way to get a verified account, at any rate. Been a while. But that's the basic way to use paypal.

If you link your bank in any fashion, they don't have to know 'who' you are. Your bank does.
and on that note, they know who you are because you can't use your bank info without providing your REAL info.

Paypal can and will pursue you using this information.

This isn't the internet.
"My friend did it" isn't an excuse.
Identity fraud is investigated thoroughly to prove whether it is or not. So no, identity fraud will not affect your credit rating if proven to be true.

edit: oh and Paypal is a well known and respected company. If they tell your bank you fucked them, your bank is going to believe them. DEBTS OWED affect your credit rating, they eat it the longer they fester.
http://schufa-und-finanzen.net/2012/11/paypal-trotz-schufa-fragen-und-antworten/
Second and third paragraph.

PS: I know it is in German, trust me, ask google translate, or translate yourself, I am lazy.
I just did some reading, and since PayPal is not offering credit, they can't affect your credit rating. The only way they can is if there is a court judgement. This would mean they would have to serve you with papers and prove it was you, and go through court. If this happens, you'd have the opportunity to pay up beforehand. This costs them money so they wouldn't do it for small amounts. And once debt collectors start contacting you - that means they have already decided not to pursue a judgement against you (PayPal have sold the debt off).

Also, no bank is going to give out information about a customer to any third party - they'd be breaching a lot of privacy laws. So having the bank account connected in no way proves to the debt collector that you are the person they are after. All they know is you have the same name. Especially if you only ever used P.O. boxes for your address in PayPal/eBay. They have nothing to match you with.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just did some reading, and since PayPal is not offering credit, they can't affect your credit rating. The only way they can is if there is a court judgement. This would mean they would have to serve you with papers and prove it was you, and go through court. If this happens, you'd have the opportunity to pay up beforehand. This costs them money so they wouldn't do it for small amounts. And once debt collectors start contacting you - that means they have already decided not to pursue a judgement against you (PayPal have sold the debt off).

Also, no bank is going to give out information about a customer to any third party - they'd be breaching a lot of privacy laws. So having the bank account connected in no way proves to the debt collector that you are the person they are after. All they know is you have the same name. Especially if you only ever used P.O. boxes for your address in PayPal/eBay. They have nothing to match you with.

I'm not sure what you read but it's contrary to reality. At least for my country.

I should know, I had a scam site try screw me. But i'm really not going to get into that here. It also depends on where you are in the world, I assume. Different laws and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...