Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've had this for a few weeks now. Got the carby a couple of weeks ago, and the Pi Pico (for picoboot) and Gameboy player today. Just need a larger memory card and two more controllers! Excited!!

20220706_183640.jpg20220706_181805.jpg20220706_183632.jpg

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a long time since I bought a steam game but figured I pick a a few that been on my list for a while before the summer sale ends.
Normally I would be all for the warez route but these 2 are early access (and seem to be permanent residents of it) and get updated frequently, issues with save games and such when trying to update to the next cracked ver ect
Also all the beamng mod community mods

TBSVIus.png

Chillaxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recently bought a Nintendo Switch for 50 USD (unpatched) but returned it since the SD Card reader didn't work (without an SD i couldn't install CFW on it) so yeah kinda a sad story since i was super excited to mod it lol, i think i won't get a Switch for a while since they're kinda expensive, looking forward to buy it on it's EoL for cheap though :D

Reactions: AncientBoi

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently bought a Nintendo Switch for 50 USD (unpatched) but returned it since the SD Card reader didn't work (without an SD i couldn't install CFW on it) so yeah kinda a sad story since i was super excited to mod it lol, i think i won't get a Switch for a while since they're kinda expensive, looking forward to buy it on it's EoL for cheap though :D
Wouldn't it have made more sense to buy a new sd card reader for the switch?

As far as I know they only cost about 8-10€

Chillaxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wouldn't it have made more sense to buy a new sd card reader for the switch?

As far as I know they only cost about 8-10€
The problem is, i don't have the skills and all of the local shops here for this kind of stuff sucks, so i decided to return it. Now that i think about it though, i could've tried but that Switch is probably sold now so rip.

Reactions: Dark_Phoras

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is, i don't have the skills and all of the local shops here for this kind of stuff sucks, so i decided to return it. Now that i think about it though, i could've tried but that Switch is probably sold now so rip.
Well basically you only have to remove the backplate and the metal shield ......the sd card reader is simply plugged onto the board.;)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Been wanting to grab one of these for ages, since I sold my GPD Win 3 and a few other things I finally have some extra cash and this one wasn't too poorly priced sooo...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-12-in-1-Capcom-Legacy-Arcade/143780129 < grabbed this one.

Also ordered everything I'll need to slap a Pi 4 in there, new Sanwa buttons and sticks, amp for the audio and everything etc etc. Still need to grab an LCD controller, but will wait until I have it and can open it to grab one known to work.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well basically you only have to remove the backplate and the metal shield ......the sd card reader is simply plugged onto the board.;)
A lot of the time when the SD reader stops working, it's because the pin connection on the motherboard has been damaged (it's a known weak point that can break with too much inserting/ejecting of the card, so do as much of your file management as possible over USB/wifi), and it needs some mildly intricate repair work. Still worth it for a really cheap Switch if you can find someone to do the repair for a fair price, but not as simple as a quick board replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1