Things you recently bought or got

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My uncle gave this to me the other day. Apparently they're used in Factories and other Industrial places so they're built to be banged about, weighs a bit too :) It's got a Touchscreen like the DS handhelds, like a plastic film over the screen. In good nick too. I cant use to game or anything but it's a nice retro type lappy :)

It's a Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook.

Attachments

• 20211019_024349.jpg
    20211019_024349.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 20211019_024510.jpg
    20211019_024510.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20211019_024524.jpg
    20211019_024524.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 71

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
My uncle gave this to me the other day. Apparently they're used in Factories and other Industrial places so they're built to be banged about, weighs a bit too :) It's got a Touchscreen like the DS handhelds, like a plastic film over the screen. In good nick too. I cant use to game or anything but it's a nice retro type lappy :)

It's a Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook.
Taking a look around, you can upgrade that PC's RAM to 1.5GB max. The processor doesn't have the execute-disabled bit, but there are ways to install Windows 10 if you really want to. I'd just install a modern Linux distro with a light desktop environment though.

I'd save the original hard drive in case you have driver problems with a newer OS and get probably something like a IDE-mSATA adapter and put an SSD on it.

Reactions: ploggy

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
A SCSI PCI card and a DAT Tape drive.

My plan is to put an iso of Sonic CD in it….shame I can’t run it from the tape….maybe one day I’ll pick up a drive that can.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Taking a look around, you can upgrade that PC's RAM to 1.5GB max. The processor doesn't have the execute-disabled bit, but there are ways to install Windows 10 if you really want to. I'd just install a modern Linux distro with a light desktop environment though.

I'd save the original hard drive in case you have driver problems with a newer OS and get probably something like a IDE-mSATA adapter and put an SSD on it.
That's not a bad idea, I could always upgrade the ram and perhaps even sell it on. I'm sure someone would get more out of it than me. I'd probably end up putting it in my retro cupboard anyway :P

Reactions: pustal

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How much are they, by the way?
$999 in the US I believe, but Japan has a tendency to be more expensive so I ended up paying 127600 yen (~$1115). On the other hand I believe they tend to add extra hardware to support Felica payments so that'll be nice to finally have.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got one of those little foldable platforms to rest your right foot on while playing the acoustic guitar and it's ridiculous how much better it is for my comfort while playing for something that just props you up a few inches. It's not a huge change but it makes a huge difference.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My sister is very pregnant, as In having the baby next week, and she said she's been craving Popeyes tenders for a while now. So I ordered for her the 5 tender combo with Uber eats and I bought for me some King Shoyu Ramen from a place thats on my way to work called Kenzo's, for me to have later at work.

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the movie took long to get to the end fight and ended too quick. Also like a lot of trailers, the trailer shows alot.

There is also somethings I didn't like about Carnage, won't say anything cause I don't really want to spoil it for anyone.
Sorry for late response, better late then never. That does sounds bad, almost like most movies put out these days or at least the sequel variants. Thank you for your response. Perhaps venom needed time to feed off of the host to prepare for the fight ;)?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a couple of iPhone SEs (2020) for my wife and I to suit the new 5G thing. We're a blue-collar family, and didn't need anything fancy. Haven't migrated yet from our old phones, but they seem nice. It's been some years since we had iPhones (3), so I'm looking forward to it. Sad to see they don't come with the little power blocks or earbuds like they seemingly did when the 2020s first release, but whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true