Reactions: nxwing and VinsCool

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Finally gave in and bought an Anker usb 3.0 card reader and got my case and my glass screen protector in for my galaxy tab. The Anker card reader is amazing, even though my set up is seriously annoying (I just have two usb ports and I have to unplug my mouse every time I want to use it)...

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a new game. I'm also considering buying a Raspberry pi model B so I can build a dreamPi.

LI0PNuN.jpg
Nice!

I'm gonna be getting a Pi myself today actually (Perfect timing, I have a job interview at a store that sells them :P) for various projects.

Also, mailman just dropped by and left me this;
6Pne44X.jpg

A replacement capture card for my Old 3DS. THANK YOU Loopy. Seriously, bless this man. If any of ya'll are considering getting a 3DS capture card at any point, use Loopy. His support has been incredible and I almost feel bad for the free repair and replacement that he has given me.

VAIJ42I.png

Last edited by Shadowfied,

teegeeack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got new headphones in the mail from amazon. i'm more of a pop/rock music aficionado (post-punk, indie, oldies, electro, 1960s ska...) than an audiophile. honestly, i think i have tinnitus (too many loud concerts) and my ears are just not good enough to even appreciate expensive audio equipment. so my requirements are relatively low. i like over-ear headphones because earbuds make my ears sore. i just need the sound quality to be "okay" and have clear, defined mids & treble since most of the music i listen to isn't really focused much on the bass. and i don't want to spend more than about 30-40 dollars.

i used a pair of sony mdr-zx100 headphones for a few years, until the cable went bad (sound only coming through one side). aside from the fact that the bass was completely nonexistent on them, i thought the sound quality was okay.

read some reviews on amazon, decided that another sony headphone would probably suffice. ordered sony mdr-v150, which looked similar to my previous headphones, except these were described specifically as intended for DJs. they arrived in the mail, i gave them a try... and UGH YUCK BLECH. there is a little bit of bass in the sound, which is something that i didn't have at all on the old headphones. but the mids & treble, including all of the singing, sound muffled and distant. like i'm listening to my neighbor's stereo through a wall. and it seems to get even worse whenever the bass comes into the music. like the different frequencies are fighting for control because they can't share. i know that this is one of sony's most inexpensive products, but they still oughta be too embarrassed to put their name on something that sounds as bad as this.

i started googling the model number along with some key words and ended up finding a bunch of reviews & forum threads on other sites where people describe the same crappy sound that i'm hearing. my ears probably can't tell the difference between high end and super high end speakers, but i can certainly hear the difference between mediocre and just plain terrible. i suppose it's my fault for just skimming through amazon customer reviews and trusting their consensus on a purchase. 'cause really. it seems like the average person that writes an amazon customer review is a moron without any taste or standards.

now i'm a little bit conflicted about whether i will settle for bad sound (until this one eventually wears out & breaks in a couple years), or try to do better research and take another gamble.

Last edited by teegeeack,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
got new headphones in the mail from amazon. i'm more of a pop/rock music aficionado (post-punk, indie, oldies, electro, 1960s ska...) than an audiophile. honestly, i think i have tinnitus (too many loud concerts) and my ears are just not good enough to even appreciate expensive audio equipment. so my requirements are relatively low. i like over-ear headphones because earbuds make my ears sore. i just need the sound quality to be "okay" and have clear, defined mids & treble since most of the music i listen to isn't really focused much on the bass. and i don't want to spend more than about 30-40 dollars.

i used a pair of sony mdr-zx100 headphones for a few years, until the cable went bad (sound only coming through one side). aside from the fact that the bass was completely nonexistent on them, i thought the sound quality was okay.

read some reviews on amazon, decided that another sony headphone would probably suffice. ordered sony mdr-v150, which looked similar to my previous headphones, except these were described specifically as intended for DJs. they arrived in the mail, i gave them a try... and UGH YUCK BLECH. there is a little bit of bass in the sound, which is something that i didn't have at all on the old headphones. but the mids & treble, including all of the singing, sound muffled and distant. like i'm listening to my neighbor's stereo through a wall. and it seems to get even worse whenever the bass comes into the music. like the different frequencies are fighting for control because they can't share. i know that this is one of sony's most inexpensive products, but they still oughta be too embarrassed to put their name on something that sounds as bad as this.

i started googling the model number along with some key words and ended up finding a bunch of reviews & forum threads on other sites where people describe the same crappy sound that i'm hearing. my ears probably can't tell the difference between high end and super high end speakers, but i can certainly hear the difference between mediocre and just plain terrible. i suppose it's my fault for just skimming through amazon customer reviews and trusting their consensus on a purchase. 'cause really. it seems like the average person that writes an amazon customer review is a moron without any taste or standards.

now i'm a little bit conflicted about whether i will settle for bad sound (until this one eventually wears out & breaks in a couple years), or try to do better research and take another gamble.
I've got myself the Sony MDR V55 and those are very good. Maybe these would be good for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo