Things you recently bought or got

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 399672

So glad I didn't fall to scalpers for this. Comparison picture with the real thing. "B-But Matt you have to keep it in its box now it lost value nooo nooo" I don't care about having stuff for hoarding I want it because I like it not because I want to profit over speculative bubbles

View attachment 399673
Those SNES Switch controllers look beautiful just like the original, but Nintendo should stop being a dick about creating limited quantities when they could make as many as possible.

GCN controllers are even worse though I don't care about GCN controllers anymore as I use a DualShock 3 with an adapter on my Wii to play GCN games.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The fellows from China did it again:
1697553369974.png

1697553438734.png

1697553605688.png

3 USD and all the Amiibos you "Need" (want), several functions, Bluetooth sync, Aleatory IDs.

I hadn't discover how full works but nice little thing.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this "FAKE" mini NES at a garage sale for $10. I told him it was a fake version and offered him $5 and he accepted. I plan on gutting it out and putting a Raspberry 4 or 5 inside it, and install retropie! I plan on ditching the controllers, but trying to use the power and reset buttons on front, cut a fan into top w cover, etc, but we'll see. Basically I'm making a NES looking Raspberry case out of it.
hq720.jpg

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well this awesome thing finally came...

1697565165658.png

Juuuuuuuuuuust a shame it's pretty much dead on arrival. Cartridges either don't load at all or explode into "colourful" graphics after a few minutes of play, with the music either distorting or cutting out entirely. OpenFPGA cores either don't run at all or freeze up randomly.

Can't say I'm all too impressed given how much it costs. Had pretty high hopes after Fast's review way back when. Now feeling somewhat dubious of ordering things from them in future.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well this awesome thing finally came...

View attachment 399716

Juuuuuuuuuuust a shame it's pretty much dead on arrival. Cartridges either don't load at all or explode into "colourful" graphics after a few minutes of play, with the music either distorting or cutting out entirely. OpenFPGA cores either don't run at all or freeze up randomly.

Can't say I'm all too impressed given how much it costs. Had pretty high hopes after Fast's review way back when. Now feeling somewhat dubious of ordering things from them in future.
Remind me what was the price of these things

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remind me what was the price of these things
Straight from the tracking page:

1697566290366.png

Plus £60 of import fees lol. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be stung twice on those fees if they do end up replacing it.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Straight from the tracking page:

View attachment 399719

Plus £60 of import fees lol. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be stung twice on those fees if they do end up replacing it.
That does feel like a rip off, yikes

I mean they did mock it on /vr/ but paying almost 400$ on a multi-emulation device that doesn't work well It's just something I don't see myself doing... and I almost bought a Neogeo AES.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That does feel like a rip off, yikes

I mean they did mock it on /vr/ but paying almost 400$ on a multi-emulation device that doesn't work well It's just something I don't see myself doing... and I almost bought a Neogeo AES.
I will say the device feels great. If it worked I wouldn't have minded the price. Just sucks to be one of the unlucky ones.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I found this "FAKE" mini NES at a garage sale for $10. I told him it was a fake version and offered him $5 and he accepted. I plan on gutting it out and putting a Raspberry 4 or 5 inside it, and install retropie! I plan on ditching the controllers, but trying to use the power and reset buttons on front, cut a fan into top w cover, etc, but we'll see. Basically I'm making a NES looking Raspberry case out of it.
View attachment 399715
Normally they aren't PI's or something like one. normally are generic NOAC blob chips but if your are lucky you can get one which you can reprogram.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy