GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a few things recently...
  • Howl's Moving Castle (DVD/Blu-Ray)- This is one of my favorite Miyazaki films, and it's about high time I picked it up off Amazon. And it goes quite perfectly with...
  • Howl's Moving Castle (paperback)- ...the book it's based on, also from Amazon! Never read it, and since I've been getting back into leisurely reading lately, I figured this would be fun to read. It's a cool book, so far (46 pages in).
  • A.R.E.S.: Exctinction Agenda Ex (XBLA)- I actually meant to pick this up quite some time ago after reading that it was a cool Mega-Man-esque action game, but I totally forgot. I remedied that yesterday though, and while it isn't quite Mega Man X or Zero, it's a pretty fun game.
  • VVVVVV (Steam)- An impulse buy, if I'm being totally honest. I love the 3DS port (my first experience with the game), and I figured I would grab a big(ger) screen version to play. Hopefully there's a console version, sometime, though. I find it weird there isn't already.
  • Metroid Fusion (Wii U VC)- I think Nintendo is being ridiculous by releasing GBA VC on the Wii U instead of the 3DS, and I already have the original GBA copy of this game along with a GB Player and nice CRT to play it on. That said, I was curious enough as to how it looked to download just one, and... ugh. Sure, it's rendered in 1080p and looks crisper and cleaner and brighter, but in the end, none of that can hide the fact that I'm playing a handheld game on a 40 inch screen when it was designed for a screen that's only a few inches. I can imagine this MIGHT be worth it for people who lack a GBA or Game Boy Player and appropriate CRT to go with it. But there's no way it's worth it if you have a GB Player already.
  • Final Fantasy VII (PSN)- This wasn't an impulse buy so much as it was a forced buy. This has been on my "to-play" list for a long time, and I never really did aside from maybe the the first ten minutes of the game on emulators (before giving up out of boredom/lack of motivation). But I'm trying to be more open-minded about the games I play, and though this one is turning out to be rather cut scene and story heavy, I'm rather enjoying myself, and can sort of see why this game is as popular as it is.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought The Oddboxx for PS3/Vita. Currently on offer in the EU with a further 10% reduction for PS+ subscribers. The thought of replaying the original Abe games on my Vita is making me feel all tingly. Down there.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought The Oddboxx for PS3/Vita. Currently on offer in the EU with a further 10% reduction for PS+ subscribers. The thought of replaying the original Abe games on my Vita is making me feel all tingly. Down there.
The odd box is on EU vita?! Mad Jelly, Oddworld Munch's oddysey is one of my most favorite games ;-;

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Mochi Ice cream...cause they're super delicious ^_^

Probably my favoritest snack ever right now. Stuff is delicious, yo. :teach:

I bought a few Android games (lol buying Android games) for my Shield, notably Mount&Blade Warband (because lelele Tegra 4 only lelele). Game is quite good on the Shield and is a full-featured port of the PC version.

Reactions: Yumi

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've only gone and bought a bloody PS4!

Welcome to the new generation! How's InFamous for you? Still gotta buy it, but I've gotta wait till I get my job contract signed.. Before that happens, no impulse buys for me.. Oh wait.. I bought a Zelda 3DS XL and a AGS-101 GBA SP here on the 'temp, but still waiting for them to arrive. Still waiting for them to arrive ;__;

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So as I mentioned earlier, I ordered Final Fantasy VI Advance off Amazon. However, they sent me Final Fantasy IV Advance instead (an easy mistake to make, considering the identical name, minus the swapping of the 'V' and 'I'). I contacted the seller, and he/she responded with an apology, saying a it was a listing error, and they don't actually have FF VI Advance. Furthermore, he/she said they issued me a full refund, and said to keep the game. Keep in mind that this was a $40 purchase, including shipping. I'm absolutely blown away.

Tl;dr: Bought FF VI Advance on Amazon, got FF IV Advance instead, was given a refund and told to keep the $40 game for free.
The same exact thing happened to me once. Last year I ordered Absolute Sandman Volume II from a third-party vendor on Amazon because he said it was a 1st printing. When I received it, the book said it was a 4th printing. So I contacted the vendor (AbeBooks) about it and he apologized, gave me a complete refund and said I could keep the book. It was a $200 purchase :wtf:

*ON TOPIC*
進撃の巨人 (Attack on Titan), all the volumes out so far in Japanese.
kCJbenF.jpg

K09LVHn.jpg

ericman37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Black & White 2 (one for me, one for wife)
R4igold3dsrts
"refurbished" DSlite (ebay) cause my DSi is slowly dying and i like being able to use it to backup/x-fer my saves between cartridge and flashcart

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I spent a few pieces of gold recently.

I bought myself a new jacket for this new season and a new bag.

Bk9srfJIgAAX9MH.jpg

Bk9syoCIIAAxL37.jpg

Got some PS3 gaems
Bk9s7Y5IUAA94qS.jpg

Handheld gaems and Starwing on SNES
Bk9tAEiIYAARKtD.jpg

Also picked up some digitial stuff. Got Hatsune Miku (PSV), Steamworld Dig (PS4/PSV), Fez (PS4,PS3,PSV), Alice Madness Returns (PS3), Call of Juarez (PS3), MGS HD (PSV), Bit Trip Runner 2 (PSV), TxK (PSV), Olli Olli (PSV), Final Fantasy X/X2, (PSV), Batman (PSV) and Sweet Fuse (PSP)

I was on a history binge recently
Bk9ts4TIQAAELJA.jpg

Musics.
rose-elionor-dougall-without-why-cover_small.jpg

Ash1977cover.jpg

Got me some Blu Rays.
Bk9tn0bIAAAOqWQ.jpg
Bk9tb4tIgAEZBeT.jpg

Ace Attorney Manga

Bk9tFblIEAEJTgo.jpg

Bought a few artbooks. The Ys artbook is absolutely lovely.
Bk9tyjkIAAAopae.jpg

Bk9t3I-IEAAp9Iv.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: