Things you recently bought or got

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ComeTurismO, May 10, 2013.

1. Riyaz

Riyaz Supreme leader Zamasu

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    Asus ROG Strix GL504GW, also beat saber, htc vive and the deluxe audio strap.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Ordered a DVI to VGA adapter for my work desktop. The DVI port on it stopped working ages ago, so I've just been using VGA connected to my iGPU to keep my multiple monitor setup (cuz old monitor, no HDMI just DVI and VGA, and the GTX 770 in it doesn't have a VGA port :lol:).

Only ordering one now cuz a buddy of mine is having me build him a Hackintosh desktop, and curiosity led me to see if either of my two desktops would make a good hackintosh...and my work one had a motherboard that's pretty perfect for it :lol: After some fiddling, I did get most everything up and running (audio, dedicated GPU, internet, the works), and the only thing that doesn't work is the iGPU, so no multiple monitor setup.

Tried a few tricks and configs and stuff to get it working, but had no luck, so figured I'd just finally get around to getting an adapter so everything can just run from my GPU now. Not that I'll use OSX for work anyways, but I'm bored and need something to fuck around with so don't judge ;O;

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    [​IMG]

I couldn't stand one more second playing games with the Hori Switch controller, so I gave in and got the Switch Pro controller. Here's hoping it's not too awful.

4. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Amazon had a (small) discount on it, so I just couldn’t help myself.....

B52D7EB5-EC90-490E-AEEC-3BABE81C4E43.

Upaluppa likes this.
  5. Upaluppa

Upaluppa Wrote in ancient letters, my name is Reynardine

Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Gehrmahnee
    I got lucky with a recent purchase. I wanted to buy a second Switch for hacking and I found one new, cib with firmware 1.00!

After reading what I could do with it I've now ordered the Japanese Puyo Puyo Tetris to make use of the nereba exploit. (It will take almost two months to arrive from Japan, though)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was planning to buy a hackable Switch for a while, but this was really dumb luck. I could read the serial number in a preview pic of the box and immediately bought it.

Interestingly, my first console (Mario Odyssey bundle with the red Joy-Con) has a warmer screen than this 1.00 Switch. It looks like they improved the screens between the first batch and the later ones.
    [​IMG]
    1.00 console on the left, Mario Odyssey console on the right.

I wanted to get a second Switch for hacking so that I don't have to worry about getting banned on my main console which I use to play legally purchased games. I'll use the 1.00 console for retroarch only, I'm not interested in piracy of Switch games.

I'm so happy now!:ha:
    Perhaps I'll sell my old Switch and try to get a Lite or the new improved model in the future.

Edit:
    Is there anything I can do to make the pics smaller so that they only expand by clicking on them? I'm sorry, I didn't expect them to turn out this big.

Last edited by Upaluppa, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:36 AM
    Flame likes this.
  6. ladypoodle

ladypoodle GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    Bought this on Best Buy online while it's still on a price drop

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Then eldest sibling bought new walking shoes for me to try it out tomorrow, in which I will! My old ones need to cut some slack after almost 10 years of using it.

the_randomizer likes this.
  7. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I finally decided to open and play dark souls 3 after buying 3 years ago. So far I'm finding it to be the easiest souls game I've played and because the season pass is on sale on psn I bought it.

Also bought preordered 3 scorpions from a seller at the pet expo I'm going to next month. They are not allowed to sell these 3 scorpions that I bought their but the people that run the expos are allowing them to let people pick up any orders that they make at the Expo , so that's what I'm doing.

Also some of my ebay and aliexpress orders have come.

From ebay I got my 510 drip tips for one of my vape tanks,they are tiny, some new coils that i needed and a fake smok alien mod. I'm probably going to complain about it because it was sold me as a genuine item. From aliexpress I got 100 coils for my rta tank when it comes in and some deadpool 18650 battery wraps.

Still waiting for some more to orders to show up, 5 I think. Hopefully soon.

8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    814774A0-1720-4A66-9AEF-16428973B24A. DB583603-D302-4DA3-BC96-1E129C21A578. Got a new car :)
    It’s a 2018 Mazda3 hatchback. It had 5000 miles on it and the previous owner paid $500 to have carplay added. It’s so dope. I love it.

MythicalData and Flame like this.
  9. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Yesterday I bought some strawberry mochi, red bean paste mochi and some dried squid seafood snack.

The strawberry mochi was ok, it didnt have enough strawberry in it imo. The red bean mochi isnt as sweet as I thought it was going to be, but it's good. The seafood snack thing is ok that the best I've had but I hate the texture. I can't explain why, it's just weird.

Today I bought Alien versus Predator for $4 Jurassic world Fallen Kingdom 4K Blu-ray version for $10 and I bought Rocky heavyweight collection for $20, it's basically the six first Rocky movies on Blu-ray.

10. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Sale at Target 8/11-8/17

$59.99 :P[​IMG]

11. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I bought 2 gameboy "repros" on aliexpress today. I bought survival Kids 1 and 2 both in English. They cost about $10 all together for both of them. Hopefully they both work and Save. I have bought Game Boy color Repros on eBay before and they have a battery but I replace some usually just in case

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk