Things you recently bought or got

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ComeTurismO, May 10, 2013.

1. Sethtimus Prime

Sethtimus Prime GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    United States
    That's a pretty good haul. I should review things...

2. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Not got it yet, but after watching the WWDC Keynote, I told the wife my next Mac Pro would probably cost over 30 grand.

She said if I spent that on a computer we’d be getting a divorce.....

...... Anybody know when the pre-orders start? :P

3. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Just nabbed Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition for the Vita since it was dirt cheap on a Play Asia sale.

4. WilliG

WilliG GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by WilliG, Jun 6, 2019
    snails1221 likes this.
  5. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Won a ebay auction for a brown Japanese DSI LL for $10 shipped. From what the listing said, it works but its scuffed on the bottom and there's stickers on it. Will be taking it apart to clean any maybe paint, not sure yet

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    Replacement ear pads/cups for my pair of rf sony headphones, old ones dry rotted since they were 15 years old

[​IMG]

Flame likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Well, got this on Tuesday and it's been kind of a shit experience so far lol. Specs of the thing weren't bad, had an i5 4300U, 8GB of RAM, and a 128GB mSATA SSD, which for $60 is a great deal. But it's got problems :lol:

First, the BIOS had a Supervisor password on it. Since it's Toshiba, who's apparently really good at securing their hardware, it's impossible to clear this BIOS password for the most part, cuz it's stored on the EEPROM with the BIOS and then on another chip as well (and there's no CMOS to clear, that I can see on the mobo anyways). It could probably be cleared by flashing a clean BIOS dump to the EEPROM, but I have neither the tools nor the BIOS dump to even flash it so that's dead.

Unfortunately, because of these things, I couldn't boot from the SSD (since the HDD/SSD password), and I couldn't boot directly via USB as the boot menu was disabled. So I pulled the 64GB mSATA SSD from my dead Surface Pro 2, plugged that in...and found that Legacy boot was enabled, so no UEFI, and USB booting was last in the boot priority, apparently, with Network boot enabled and in a higher priority. So it'd just keep resetting the network boot and wouldn't boot from USB at all when an SSD was plugged in. So I setup Serva, and was finally able to successfully install Windows 10 via network install, slapped another 4GB stick of DDR3 in it to bring it up to 12GB, and everything was all fine and peachy. It was pretty quick, thanks to the SSD, had excellent cooling despite it's teeny cooler (stayed a frosty 66C when running Cinebench, with 4 threads running at 2.6GHz stable), and was pretty quiet...

Until about 12 hours later, when it shat itself and now refuses to post :lol:

So, tl;dr, I ordered a replacement motherboard for this laptop series, which is identical hardware except for the CPU which is an i7 4600U, and (assuming the listing was correct) has no BIOS password.

Flame likes this.
  8. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Ordered a midnight blue PS4 controller on Amazon it was on sale because PlayStation days of play sale.

Not that I needed it. I usually really take care of my controllers. In 25 plus years of playing video games I think I've only had two controllers that are broken. One of them was a Microsoft Sidewinder controller Cable became Frayed right where it enters the controller. The second one I believe was a used PS2 controller.

So now with this one I'll have 5 PS4 controllers. I have an original black one, original camo( AKA The Cow controller according to my nephew's), one of the new black controllers, a sexy silver one and now the midnight blue.

I did have a wave blue controller, I traded it in with my PS4 when I was upgrading to a pro. The reason why I trade the blue one in was because the original black one has been modified

Last edited by dragonblood9999, Jun 7, 2019
  9. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Pics?

10. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Dont have it yet. Will have it on Saturday.

11. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    As a follow up on me S10+!
    I obtained something new today : D

[​IMG]

Hardline and AtsuNii like this.
  12. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    I'm gonna get a Wii U soonTM. Idk which set it'll be, i know that i will get two HDs with 500gb and a sdcard of 16/64GB.

13. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    And some replacement batteries for the headset

[​IMG]

14. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Exact model of headsets these r?

15. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    MDR-RF970RK

16. 150ccToEasy

150ccToEasy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2019
    United States
    i collect nerf guns lol pretty sweet sweet

17. chrisman02

chrisman02 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    United States
    I collect real guns. Debating picking up a 10/22 takedown this weekend, and maybe get a "cheap" silencer (Silencer can be $100, but the tax stamp is always $200. Grr.) so I can plink in the woods without bothering the neighbors down the road - and take care of these darn chipmunks and squirrels that keep digging holes along the foundation, making water run in easier.

18. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    53CC5C45-5341-45FF-AEDE-F64F0B873E15.
    The dark cookies, I left them on the top rack a bit longer than needed. Pretty dry. Nothing a bit of milk can’t fix.

Chary likes this.
  19. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    I bought a little companion for Sonic!

IMG_20190608_101844.

20. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2018