Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Decided to put together\make a RGB to Component Black Box for use on my Component Crt . I soldered up one of Helder's 4.0 rgb boards and also converted it to Ace's 5.0 design and put it inside a RF Modulator. It turned out really good. I took afew pics putting it together and also acouple of comparison shots on my PVM to see how it differs between converted component and pure rgb. The colors look alittle off but I believe some small adjusting is all it needs.

edit: Not sure, but I ended up switching back to Ace's 4.0 schematic to improve some color issues (dull\off colors) that I was having with the board on a model 1 sega.

Pics in link
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xm56l...15ddp,veqdofo3aoi35q3/gallery#xm56lw3dqxpw1cn

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to put together\make a RGB to Component Black Box for use on my Component Crt . I soldered up one of Helder's 4.0 rgb boards and also converted it to Ace's 5.0 design and put it inside a RF Modulator. It turned out really good. I took afew pics putting it together and also acouple of comparison shots on my PVM to see how it differs between converted component and pure rgb. The colors look alittle off but I believe some small adjusting is all it needs.

Pics in link
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xm56l...15ddp,veqdofo3aoi35q3/gallery#xm56lw3dqxpw1cn

Man I've gotta finish mine. Different design, though I'll look at this one too.

Saw Helder and thought it was a different model. That's the one I'm working on as well. Works well enough?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Man I've gotta finish mine. Different design, though I'll look at this one too.

Saw Helder and thought it was a different model. That's the one I'm working on as well. Works well enough?
Yeah its working good, I haven't had a chance to test it on anything besides the snes.

Update: Here's some pics from the 4.0 pcb board on a Snes and model 1 Genesis. Sorry couldn't help the window glare:mellow:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/81pcv...2g815,8bvthdet36di4rd/gallery#81pcvk10dop1rqg

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its working good, I haven't had a chance to test it on anything besides the snes.

Looking at your pictures, where did you get the PCB for it? That's honestly the biggest roadblock for me is having to fiddle with standard perfboard. With that ZIF24 IC it's a fucking nightmare.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Modded a (2nd gen) 6GB iPod Mini with a new battery and a CF adapter that holds a 64GB SD card for storage.

My latest will be a 20GB iPod Classic (4th gen) with a new battery, CF adapter, and 64GB SD card as well. Maybe 128GB if I can score a good price on one.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Modded a (2nd gen) 6GB iPod Mini with a new battery and a CF adapter that holds a 64GB SD card for storage.

My latest will be a 20GB iPod Classic (4th gen) with a new battery, CF adapter, and 64GB SD card as well. Maybe 128GB if I can score a good price on one.
Ah yes reminds me of the time I modded my Classic, completely destroying it in the process.

Reactions: Jayro

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I modded my garage door opener so that it has custom lighting that turns on when it's opened. Parking the car in the garage is now much easier, and much more enjoyable!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh, I remember this old thread.

I'm mending things on a daily basis.
Mostly consoles n what not.

2 days ago, mended an oldish Canon iR2022 photocopier.
Drum was filthy so a small scrub and recalibration did the trick.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well since my last post:

I installed a Phantom Universal Modchip in my Sega Saturn I bought.

I've bought various old laptops, all of which I've fixed up and are, for the most part, sitting in a box downstairs gathering dust :lol:. Got a 2009 and 2007 Macbook sitting around that both function great, an iBook G4, an old Toshiba that had an AMD K6-2 (which was quite nice, emulating SNES games on it looked super good cuz of it's lower res screen), a laptop with an old 486 that I fixed up a bit, one with an old 386 (which ran on D-cell batteries :lol:), a budget gaming laptop from Lenovo from like 2009 (that, for some reason just refuses to be powered from the battery. Replaced the old battery, replaced the charge cable, nothing worked), though I guess technically I haven't totally "fixed" that one since it still doesn't boot from a battery. Replaced the screen in an old Asus gaming laptop I fixed up, and then had to replace the top casing for it (which cost $100 ._.) since the hinge snapped the plastic on it (was originally for my fiancee, but apparently she just didn't like it >.>). Also just recently added an M.2 SATA SSD to my current HP laptop, which is running a Ryzen 2500u.

Modded my PS4, which was just launching a web exploit.

Modded my Vita, which was just launching a web exploit.

Bought 2 everdrives, one for my Genesis and one for my Gameboy Color.

Bought a Sega Game Gear, which needs to have all the caps replaced which I plan on doing sometime soon...

And then just various PC repair work for people, mostly just removing bloat and viruses though so nothing fancy.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repaired/cleaned my PS4 disc drive. Refused to read games and Blu Ray movies. After cleaning and rebuilding it it worked like new.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opened all 6 of my xbox last week and took the clock caps out of the ones that needed it. Gave them all a good cleaning. Finally got around to this as I got a nice screwdriver set in recently.
WOTxhjL.jpg

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Opened all 6 of my xbox last week and took the clock caps out of the ones that needed it. Gave them all a good cleaning. Finally got around to this as I got a nice screwdriver set in recently.View attachment 130770
Makes me wonder what my Xbox systems have inside. One just has UnleaseX, the other has a modchip installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey