Things you have fixed/modded recently

D

Deleted User

not really a mod, but i made 2 styrofoam pieces to cover the black bars whenever i consume 4:3 content, they are a bit rough since i used a box cutter and not the proper styrofoam cuting tool, if i were to redo it probably i would use cardboard
IMG_20201101_190721.jpg
IMG_20201101_190810.jpg

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repaired 3 Xbox One S HDMI ports and 7 Ps4 Hdmi Ports in my the gamestore/repair shop i work a lil side job. Lift drop new port flux port pins solder them down flush with ipa = Happy Customers.

Modded a WiiU for a friend using esp8266 remote exploit installed some tiles brazillian method 128gb usb stick for his kids. Used another esp8266 as ps3xploit to mod 7 ps3s that were YLOD that i got in trade in at my store after reflowing them i do this for fun to add to my collection. I never turn away Ps3s YLOD love seeing them live again builds collection i got over 100 of them lol even paint them sometimes too.

scubersteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious what purpose this serves. Why cover up the black bars when they're black? You'd rather have white bars?
if you're in a dark room, the black bars will appear "grey" whereas when they're covered with styrofoam the light of the display panel is blocked, making them appear "more black" in the dark [/speculation]

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're in a dark room, the black bars will appear "grey" whereas when they're covered with styrofoam the light of the display panel is blocked, making them appear "more black" in the dark [/speculation]

Huh. I've never seen the black bars with my lights out on any tv I've owned. They've all been pure black and I can't even tell that part of the tv is even on & on all black screens I can't even tell they are turned on. Sounds like your tv/monitor settings are way, way, way out of whack... or it's just a super cheapo model. Seeing grey bars would drive me completely NUTS too, so I get it. If it works, more power to ya. :)

Reactions: Deleted User

scubersteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh. I've never seen the black bars with my lights out on any tv I've owned. They've all been pure black and I can't even tell that part of the tv is even on & on all black screens I can't even tell they are turned on. Sounds like your tv/monitor settings are way, way, way out of whack... or it's just a super cheapo model.
literally all backlit lcd panels have worse black levels than when the screen is off; if you've never noticed, you're just not particularly observant to the fact and it's not an issue for you

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put some elite after market parts in, the joysticks are okay but I am not digging the action on the Dpad and I am going to change out again with different parts.

AO8lHSq.jpg

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end