Hacking There's something wrong with my disc!!!

DcThePurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned an ISO on my DVD-R disc that was Animal Crossing City Folk and when i put it in my wii, the game shows up on the disc channel and when I boot it up, THERE'S NO SCREEN! IT'S JUST BLACK!
ohmy.gif

WTF? It's not my mod chip because I tried another burned game and it works fine. What could be the problem?

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah thats it maybe I should have used its proper name
tongue.gif

Its easy to do, just drag the ISO file into the EXE file and it will ask you which IOS you want, just type in 30 and press enter, and its all done, ready to burn again. This time it should work properly in the disk channel.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many bad replies because PAL and NTSC are different and chips matter as well. If you are in the US and are installing the NTSC version...

This game needs IOS38 installed (not IOS55, thats NFS Undercover) (it is an update on the disc). It will also want to install v3.3(v1) of the system menu.

It sounds like you have updates blocked and are lower than 3.3 menu so that is why you get the black screen. Extract (or find and download) IOS38 wad and install it via wad manager. Use a chip option to bypass updates (or use Starfall to kill updates) to bypass the 3.3(v1) menu update and it should run fine.

I have a WiiKey v1 and it runs fine on mine with only installing IOS38 and Starfall to bypass the menu update. Everyone else that has posted is in Europe and are using PAL versions I assume. The NTSC version of AC:CF only has IOS38 as a new IOS. It also has menu 3.3(v1). So if you are lower in menu than that or need IOS38 (first seen on AC) then just follow my directions.

DcThePurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf are you serious?

now I'm stuck with a disc that has a game that won't load up? is there an alternative method which does not involve re-burning the game on a new disc?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zerof said:

It uh.. appears the answer is.. no?
biggrin.gif

@DC Seriously dude you talk as if the disks are made out of gold pressed latinum. The DVD's will work fine if you have homebrew channel and can install the IOS's for your region (in your case install IOS38 with wad manager) If you dont have homebrew installed on your wii, then no you cant play it. The disks are dirt cheap, go mow 2 lawns or shovel 2 driveways and you can afford 100 of them.

UrkeytaY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much are the blank DVD's that you purchased and what amount did you purchase?

Maybe where you are from, the prices are uber-inflated?!

I guess I am not able to understand what YOU aren't able to understand here?

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same exact problem. Are you sure you burned it right? Make sure you press write disc, not burn. Also, make sure you have the right cIOS installed.

DcThePurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone explain the IOS38 process again? so I have the homebrew channel, and I need an SD card to put inside the wii right? is the SD card supposed to hold the IOS38 so you can install it on your wii via homebrew channel using wad manager?

is this how it goes?

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay you need to download IOS38-64-v3609.WAD. Not hard to find, use google its the first few things that come up.

Once you have that install using WadManager 1.3. (Another hombrew program) to install it. Thats all you have to do. Make sure you put IOS38-64-v3609.wad in a folder called "wad" on the root of the SD Card.

Easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...