Hacking Themes for Configurable USB Loader

milcoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you only have the flat frontcover and want to create a 3D cover? use Stylebuilder:

Download this version:

Tutorial to Create 3D Box Styled Wii Covers
-------------------------------------------
unpack at C: (root)
1) Open StyleBuilder
2) File->Open, select "WiiFrontOnly.xml" style / WiiFrontOnlyShadow.xml will create shadow
3) Click "Choose Input" button on the top left side
4) Browse for and select the WII flat DVD cover to transform
5) Click "Do Transform" to perform the transformation
6) Click "Save Output" button on the bottom left side
7) Enter the name of the file to save the PNG output

Wii flat frontcover to 3D Boxart

SpikeBolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw milcoi it's "Themes" not "Theme's"
wink.gif

milcoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe we can make a contest who makes the beste looking Configurable USB Loader Theme. We can ask the guy's from the Configurable USB Loader team, that the winner will have his Theme inside the new update.

If they like the idea and willing to support the possibility to put the best inside their new update, please let me know.

After 4 weeks we will start a poll and vote for the best.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Actually for the next release i will split the package to the base and themes, removing most of the themes from the base package so that it is small and fast to download. However if you do have a contest and come up with a nice theme i can always include it in the theme package.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
Maybe we can make a contest who makes the beste looking Configurable USB Loader Theme. We can ask the guy's from the Configurable USB Loader team, that the winner will have his Theme inside the new update.

If they like the idea and willing to support the possibility to put the best inside their new update, please let me know.

After 4 weeks we will start a poll and vote for the best.

Sounds good to me
smile.gif

Actually, if you want a contest - we need a loading screen. This will be displayed when the app first loads, so it needs to say Configurable USB Loader and preferably have the logo (as in my sig) incorporated somehow. The "winner" will have their logo displayed for the world to see - and no, I'm not allowing it to be overridden, either.

You can also assume that the console isn't going to be there, so the entire screen is wide open for your creativity.
smile.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Apropo loading screen, it should preferably be lightweight, so that it compresses well, I would target for 50k png or at max 100k, preferably less. That usually means large areas of uniform color or reduced color usage. vertical gradients compress particularily well, especially if made without dithering. For example, the builtin background and gui background compressed png is just 5k.

milcoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, A contest for the best loadingscreen.

- It needs to say Configurable USB Loader
(preferably have the logo
configusbloader.png
incorporated somehow)
- Add your own logo or name inside the loadingscreen.
- max size 50k .png
What size?
640 x 480 or 800 x 480 (both)
Where to find a bigger size of the Configurable USB Loader logo?

The "winner" will have their logo displayed for the world to see - and no, I'm not allowing it to be overridden, either.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Size-wise, I reckon it should use the same rules as the background_base, in that it will be stretched for the widescreen version and the centre of the image will be used in 4:3 mode (with the edges being ignored). That way you get both views in one image and the external part will just not be seen when you are in 4:3.

To see how it will look in both modes simultaneously, you could use the overlay wizard of my Configurator and turn on the clipping lines.

milcoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For my understanding: the edges will stretch and the center will be untouched. So 1 image will do fine.?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
For my understanding: the edges will stretch and the center will be untouched. So 1 image will do fine.?
Not quite.

When in 16:9 mode, the whole image is stretched to fill the screen.
When in 4:3 mode, the central 640 columns are taken to fill the screen.

The following image describes the point:
olwiz.png

16:9 users would get the full image, 4:3 users would get the part between the orange vertical lines.

milcoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if I make a 768px image it will be fit for 16:9 and the 4:3 will use the center part. 1 image is ok then.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
So if I make a 768px image it will be fit for 16:9 and the 4:3 will use the center part. 1 image is ok then.

Yeah 1 image is OK. However, 768 is probably a poor native size. I just used that because it's the one I picked to demonstrate the overlay wizard for the Configurator. The full image would be best off at either 800 or 854 pixels (854 is true widescreen, but most people seem to prefer 800).

Edit: For competition purposes, I reckon you can just allow any width and a height of 480, knowing that it will be stretched or cropped as shown. That way people can use their preferred stretching ratio, and we can judge the entries in the Loader itself by just making a theme pack of all the submitted ones. We can nicely use the theme.txts to trick either the console or gui mode into not displaying anything to see how the splash screen would look.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pretty good
smile.gif

a minor comment... the switch seems a bit rough, maybe using dark red instead of black for the edge of the button and also, not sure why is there that curve in top right corner...

edit: ok i made an ugly edit, i mean something like this

so23r8.png

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
milcoi said:
adjusted the first one....
That one would get my vote IF you fix it (again)...there's a red line in the Switch, which simply shouldn't be there. See here:
samplet.png

Otherwise, realy nice one
smile.gif

(Btw: I won't jump into the Competition...no time, and there's already a good loading screen now
wink.gif
).

(Btw2: Why is there a need for a loading screen?)

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
(Btw2: Why is there a need for a loading screen?)

There's absolutely no reason for an intro screen - other than to remove the console from view. Some people just want to see the Gui modes without the console ever appearing. I just happen to be one of those people.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1