TheFlow hacking PS4?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dave_Chad, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    TheFlow who has been a godsend for the Vita community just posted his write up on his Vita exploit h-encore. It's a great read even if 90% of it made zero sense to me!

The relevance to the PS4 section is his very last line. Something along the lines of "Meanwhile i will be looking at the ps4 kernel."

I know we have talented people working on the PS4 but it's always great to get a fresh perspective in there :D

darkfuturez and Bergot like this.
  2. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    link to his post?

3. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States

Saw that as well! Excited to see what he'll do.

4. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Will be interesting to have him onboard the PS4 dev list :)

jammybudga777 and Hayato213 like this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Would be nice since he is very good at what he is doing.

KiiWii likes this.
  6. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Relevant linky... https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore/blob/master/WRITE-UP.md ;)

Specificaly this part...

Exciting indeed, will be keeping my eye on his future work :)

Last edited by ploggy, Sep 11, 2018
    KiiWii likes this.
  7. Shah Isah

Shah Isah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    Him. CTurt and other Devs can do wonders for the ps4 if they worked together. Shame all the Devs are playing the ego game. "Oh you made this? I made that!" Like. Why do we need MiraHen if hen is already stable? Sign..

8. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2018
    Italy
    Because to create software that runs on HEN alone you need the proprietary Sony SDK, unless you are satisfied enough with overthrowing existing commercial titles' DRM.

Having said that, I owned an Android phone for probably the last ten years, but I have written 0 lines of code for it yet (Java... ugh!) so I don't see myself writing something for Mira in the foreseeable future... ^__^

On the PS2 though, I think I've done some lame parallax stars field experiments... <__<

BTW, I've checked this morning and the local Android Studio installation weight a whopping 11 GB (without counting 4.4 GB used by Flatpak) , FFS I've a .gradle dir in my home that is supposed to be the build system and that's 1.3 GB alone! That's millions of engineering's man-hours. ^0^

P.S. CTurt has reached his end game, so IMHO you aren't going to see him get dirty with PS4 again. ^__^;

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful, Sep 12, 2018 - Reason: grammar, me needs more cooffe
    KiiWii likes this.