Hacking TheFlow hacking PS4?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TheFlow who has been a godsend for the Vita community just posted his write up on his Vita exploit h-encore. It's a great read even if 90% of it made zero sense to me!

The relevance to the PS4 section is his very last line. Something along the lines of "Meanwhile i will be looking at the ps4 kernel."

I know we have talented people working on the PS4 but it's always great to get a fresh perspective in there :D

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheFlow who has been a godsend for the Vita community just posted his write up on his Vita exploit h-encore. It's a great read even if 90% of it made zero sense to me!

The relevance to the PS4 section is his very last line. Something along the lines of "Meanwhile i will be looking at the ps4 kernel."

I know we have talented people working on the PS4 but it's always great to get a fresh perspective in there :D

Saw that as well! Excited to see what he'll do.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Relevant linky... https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore/blob/master/WRITE-UP.md ;)

Specificaly this part...

Conclusion

Sony actually did a great job on this console, if compared to their other products, and it was only bad luck that these bugs were coincidentally at the wrong places. Finding and analyzing them was interesting and a good learning experience for me.
Although the vulnerabilities were easy to exploit, bypassing their mitigations was challenging, especially because I had not written any ROP chains before and never that huge.
I have also enjoyed working on this write-up and I hope that I can one day finish my second exploit chain and present that one to you.
Meanwhile I will be looking at the PS4 kernel :)

Exciting indeed, will be keeping my eye on his future work :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: KiiWii

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
Him. CTurt and other Devs can do wonders for the ps4 if they worked together. Shame all the Devs are playing the ego game. "Oh you made this? I made that!" Like. Why do we need MiraHen if hen is already stable? Sign..

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do we need MiraHen if hen is already stable? Sign..

Because to create software that runs on HEN alone you need the proprietary Sony SDK, unless you are satisfied enough with overthrowing existing commercial titles' DRM.

Having said that, I owned an Android phone for probably the last ten years, but I have written 0 lines of code for it yet (Java... ugh!) so I don't see myself writing something for Mira in the foreseeable future... ^__^

On the PS2 though, I think I've done some lame parallax stars field experiments... <__<

BTW, I've checked this morning and the local Android Studio installation weight a whopping 11 GB (without counting 4.4 GB used by Flatpak) , FFS I've a .gradle dir in my home that is supposed to be the build system and that's 1.3 GB alone! That's millions of engineering's man-hours. ^0^

P.S. CTurt has reached his end game, so IMHO you aren't going to see him get dirty with PS4 again. ^__^;

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful, , Reason: grammar, me needs more cooffe
Reactions: KiiWii
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    better compression/optimization i guess
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    But it only has like 4 games :tpi:
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    what is something you can say about console homebrew but also in the bedroom
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Time to transfer files
    Gift
    "it was so hard the first time"
    +1
    Gift
    "Time to transfer files" bro having sex with robots
    +1
    Gift
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm waiting for the ultimate DLC, "The Most Dangerous Game".
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Let me hunt people or GTFO :angry:
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's just a $1 just shoot some dogs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype
    Gift
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype