Hacking The worst has happened...

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right looking at this pic for a replacement shell it all makes sense. It's designed like that for mounting the leds. I am surprised though because they could be mounted from below and keep the strength of the other hinge.

bottom-s.jpg

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Albeit i called it a hoax earlier, it seems I have the problem too...it is quite small at the moment but if its anything like the hinge crack it will just get bigger
frown.gif

1 year warantee ftw though...im just gonna wait b/c its not affecting my play atm.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats one thing we dont have to worry about here in europe! I havent heard of any Black DS lites breaking as of yet! But seen a few white ones with cracked hinges!!
frown.gif

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albeit i called it a hoax earlier, it seems I have the problem too...it is quite small at the moment but if its anything like the hinge crack it will just get bigger
frown.gif

1 year warantee ftw though...im just gonna wait b/c its not affecting my play atm.

Yeah I did a sarcastic post on Digg thinking it was someone who had just dropped theirs. Tried to go back and point out the irony but I couldn't reply to the thread.

It's real alright.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My ds lite from china had a small crack after some weeks of usage.

Now the crack is completely through
cry.gif

So i send an email to nintendo europe and guess what, they want me to pay 90 euros so they can fix it for me.
talk about service, thank you nintendo, for nothing.

I'm not afraid of opening my ds lite, but is it possible to fix the problem, maybe i can glue the crack and put the screw there somewhat looser so it wont crack again? Anyone tried that?

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you glue it the crack is still there and its just as weak. It might hold but it most likely would crack again.

bruceleroy06

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
My ds lite from china had a small crack after some weeks of usage.

Now the crack is completely throughÂ
cry.gif

So i send an email to nintendo europe and guess what, they want me to pay 90 euros so they can fix it for me.
talk about service, thank you nintendo, for nothing.

I'm not afraid of opening my ds lite, but is it possible to fix the problem, maybe i can glue the crack and put the screw there somewhat looser so it wont crack again? Anyone tried that?

just send it in and get it fixed. fixing it yourself would only make it worst

bruceleroy06

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
i just recieved my DS from nintendo. Everything looks good. they pretty much just gave me a new one. but the only problem is that my touch screen is alittle loose, like when i press down on it the screen actually moves down allittle bit....hmmm

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wonder if this was part of a greater plan? Those who have flashed their DSL surely won't get a replacement..

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Does the hinge look any different, even slightly? I've only heard 2 people who said that their replaced Lites had "better hinge construction" but unfortunately they couldn't take any photos, or that's what Nintendo may have told them when they were getting their DS Lites back. Well it would be nice if this was the case but if not I'd love to hear whether the hinge breaks or not after a couple months of use. Hope you guys will keep us updated
cool.gif

bruceleroy06

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
well my hinges does seem smoother then before. Before when i open my lid it would be rather stiff now it seems okay. i put alittle sewing oil also just to help it out

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this would be changed but do you notice any difference in the d-pad diagonals? Maybe they fixed that also. If my DS remains functional I'm going to hold off on returning it in the hopes that they will release an improved version with better construction in the future, if they haven't already.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the hinge look any different, even slightly? I've only heard 2 people who said that their replaced Lites had "better hinge construction" but unfortunately they couldn't take any photos, or that's what Nintendo may have told them when they were getting their DS Lites back. Well it would be nice if this was the case but if not I'd love to hear whether the hinge breaks or not after a couple months of use. Hope you guys will keep us updated
cool.gif

I'll take some pics of mine when I get it back from nintendo.. if I ever get it back.. has been gone for 3 weeks now..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8