The World Ends With You Music

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by CPhantom, Oct 17, 2008.

1. CPhantom
    OP

CPhantom The Noob :(

May 14, 2008
    United States
    Just curious if the TWEWY music is hackable or not, because I'd like to actually add my own soundtrack to it for a little fun. I don't know the compression of the sound files though, so I'm not sure if it will work or not, so can anyone tell me?

Thank you very much! :]

2. FencingFoxFTW

FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2008
    there's a music patch around, so I guess the short answer is yes

3. CPhantom
    OP

May 14, 2008
    United States
    Well that was just swapping the japanese music over along with the voices and such. Not really what I am looking for. Just wanting to actually use my own music.

4. Rafalapso

Rafalapso Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2008
    United States
    The music in TWEWY is stored in the root folder of the game in the ADX files. They use a standard criaudio ADX format. You can use adxencd to transform your wav's into adx's.

5. apb407

apb407 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    ^ Thanks man i am actually going to try that out i have been wandering how to do it for a while, curious though what kind of music do you have in mind CPhantom

6. FencingFoxFTW

FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2008
    what about the looping?

7. CPhantom
    OP

May 14, 2008
    United States
    I was thinking some stuff like Linkin Park and some techno groups like E-type and such. Of course, not full songs, but long pieces from them, haha.

probably more, but hey. I'll see.

8. apb407

apb407 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    Oh ya Viteh is right i remember the guy who made the hack to put his own music in had trouble with looping the songs...............

9. Rigle

Rigle GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2008
    Spain
    This game have 2 kind of music archives:
    ADX :(You can open that with DKZ Studio...)For the voices and songs of the game.

SDAT(Or Strm [​IMG]): It have all sounds (Waaaaa!; Achis!!!!, Wha'?!?!?, etc...).
    You can transform it to wav, but I don't know the inverse process (Wav to Strm Or Wav to Sdat)

[​IMG]