Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I suddenly have the urge to want to play the wii. I don't know why, but I just want to. Perhaps it's Xseed's bringing and publishing a lot of interesting games, I have no idea.

Of course, I already looked at the essentials and looked at all the games. I have quite a numerous amount of games I want to play, so I was convinced that it would provide me at least a lot of fun for quite a while. But I thought deeply about it, and I figured that I can sell my DSL with a flashkart for a good amount of cash, and only have to spend about 30 bucks to buy a DSi, which is a similar price for a wii (On craiglist, there are surprisingly good deals.) Now, I know most of people will complain that the DSi is nothing but a bunch of gimmicks, (Which it mostly is.) there actually are some nice improvements after playing around with it for awhile, and I was convinced that it was better than what most people made it out to be. But if I want to do this, I would have to wait for a long time, as I have to find a buyer for the DSL that will provide a reasonable amount of money.

Then, I talked it over with Mei-o and War, as Mei-o just got a wii, and War had one for awhile. But traded it for a 360.

Both of their arguments were very different and were totally opposite. War explained that although some games were pretty awesome, many of the higher rated games (Like NMH and Zach and Wiki) felt really "meh" to him. He kept telling me that the wii overall just isn't worth it, due to it's amount of shovelware. He thought it was a better idea to get the dsi, since the ds already had a huge gaming library we both enjoy very much. While Mei-o kept saying that I should get it, as it's a fun console as itself, but even more fun with friends. He was playing the wii with his cousins and siblings daily, and they seem to be enjoying it a lot. However, Mei-o thought that the DSi was a huge waste of money, and I should just save the money and time. Again, he thought that it was nothing but a gimmick.

So, I want to know more opinions. How is the wii? I'm into RPGs, Rhythem, Action, Fighting, Shooters, and basically anything. I'm quite aware that the wii is currently full of shovelware. I know that there's not a lot of good games coming out right now, but there really are great titles coming over to NA, like Muramasa, Arc Rise, Tales of Graces, and the next zelda.

I'm just so confused on what I should go for. What do you think, tempers? Oh, and if this thread shows any signs of becoming a flame thread, I'll close it down immediately. ANY signs of it. I just really hope it doesn't become one =/.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I've been seeing a lot of great titles recently (right after my Wii broke, as a matter of fact...).

The Wii I can vouch for, cause they're going to release a lot of great games.

The DSi, can't really say anything on its behalf since I don't own one, but wait until the DSi titles start rolling in. Surely a couple will be mentioned at E3. So just wait a bit and see the gaming forecast when E3 comes around.

I usually think they got great stuff, but I'm an optimist, so I can only speak for myself.
happy.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have both a 360 and a Wii. My 360 hasn't been powered on for the last 4 months. I even still have RE5 in the 360's drive, which I YET have to play.

360 is FILLED with Action/FPS and driving games. There are rare examples of other game genres, but they're pretty rare. Wii has almost every genre (with mixed results), though. So I would say go for Wii, and if you can, get a cheapo 360 later on.

And I do not want to hear any "BUT XBOX LIVE!" because you have to freaking pay for it.
If I already pay for my games, I do not need to pay to play them online too. Nintendo's online sucks? So what? It's FREE and enough for me.

And don't listen to War, he's just an X-bot
smileipb2.png
(jk)

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii on launch. (06') and honestly they're are only a few games I really enjoyed "Anything by Nintendo [other than Wii fit/Music]. So I thought Zelda and the Mario games were good, RE4 is excellent of course. "It's a Wii-make" but it's still good. I liked Boom Blox [Controls make the game] and a few other Wii games.

Of course, if you like Music games, Rock Band is amazing for the Wii. The graphics are excellent and its only missing some minor details from it's 360 and PS3 counterpart.

Nintendo is also releasing the Metroid Prime series in Wii-makes" so if you haven't played those. (Like me
dry.gif
then that should be something to look forward to.

Then you have titles like The Conduit and No More Heroes 2 as well as the new Motion+ games.

I'd say to wait till E3 is done. See f any DSi specific games are announced if not. Grab a wii.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
the wii is superb - once you have it you will regret even thinking about buying a 360.
the 360's main market is fps games, action games and racers.

the wii's main market comes from platformers. party/casual games, and puzzle games

BUT - titles like the conduit are starting to come out and turn the wii around, they are turning it into a more hardcore console.

the wii may not have the best online, but the internet channel is great and the online is actually free!

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
The Nintendo Wii is amazing on gameplay, so if you can live with the max output of 480p then go for it.
Its easy to modify for homebrew if you dont get the newest version of Wii.

Must have games for Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 & like the Metroid Prime 1-2 Wiimakes.
smile.gif

[Thanks for the info Sstew]

I also own a PS3 for the more graphic intensive games.
I don't like the Xbox 360. xD

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also if you like football games, you should definately play Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on the Wii.
It's the best fooballgame out there, way better then the Fifa versions of the 360/PS3.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, the Wii is a decent console, but lacks the depth and quality to produce games with a more complex gameplay (physics engine) and overall game experience (the cinematic cut scenes and graphics) for a player like me. The Wii is a great multiplayer platform if your the type of player who wants to play with his siblings, and enjoys that. That is the only time I find myself enjoying the Wii. And games that get ported to the Wii feel tacked on, and not right. I would suggest purchasing a 360, or a PS3. Any time I had a friend buy a next gen system, he wasn't disappointed.

The DS is another story. Its an awesome hand-held and in my opinion is way better than the Wii.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, my brother is already buying a PS3 to get ready for the release of Blazblue. We both wanted a 360 for it's superior library of games, but the fact that we needed to purchase some sort of adapter, as well as the 50 bucks per year was really a turn off.

As for the Wii, I'm still not convinced. I would like a few more opinions here.

Lastly, I don't really expect Nintendo do reveal anything during E3. Remember last year? Like how Reggie promised a "hardcore" game, the drummer, some lady no one really cared about? Yeah... If I have my hopes low, and they actually show something promising, it should be fine.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want a Wii get a Wii. Just becasue a few people say "meh" doesn't mean you will think the same thing. If you can go to a friends house and play some games with it. Decide with your opinion. All I can say is I love my Wii. I use it more then my xbox and thats it.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i would highly recommend getting a wii and softmod it i recently put all my games on my harddrive and playing them all off that and its awesome.
i think it would be a bit stupid to get DSi after having a DSL because all the games are the same except for DSiware

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lubbo said:
i would highly recommend getting a wii and softmod it i recently put all my games on my harddrive and playing them all off that and its awesome.
i think it would be a bit stupid to get DSi after having a DSL because all the games are the same except for DSiware
As I've said, I've played around with it, and I found it quite nice.

And it seems like I'll be buying a wii, as after 4 days of my DSLite ad on Craigslist, not even a single response.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
From my experience, don't get the Wii.
There are only a handful of games worth getting for the Wii (and most of them are debatable), and once you're done with them...
You're done.
I havn't touched my Wii seriously for a few monthes now.
A new game now and then, I play it for an hour or 2 and then leave because it's so..
not fun? I don't know.
I would suggest triple checking about getting a Wii, because I'm very sorry I got a Wii and not a 360.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
seriously, the wii OWNS the 360 - I hate the 360 as nothing appeals to me (bar the odd thing) here is where each console excels:

games
-wii

controls
-wii

-360 (but it costs!)

gameplay
-wii

fun
-wii

graphics

customiability

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
seriously, the wii OWNS the 360 - I hate the 360 as nothing appeals to me (bar the odd thing) here is where each console excels:

games
-wii

controls
-wii

-360 (but it costs!)

gameplay
-wii

fun
-wii

graphics

customiability
I don't think your opinion should count as it's clear you are biased. I bet you don't even own a 360 to talk about it the way you do. I own both consoles, and both are "chipped" so I play tons of games on both and the 360 IMO is better. I'm not saying the games on the wii suck, because alot of them don't, but the 360 is superior in almost every aspect. Again, IMO.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
triassic911 said:
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:

games
-wii

controls
-wii

-360 (but it costs!)

gameplay
-wii

fun
-wii

graphics

customiability
I don't think your opinion should count as it's clear you are biased. I bet you don't even own a 360 to talk about it the way you do. I own both consoles, and both are "chipped" so I play tons of games on both and the 360 IMO is better. I'm not saying the games on the wii suck, because alot of them don't, but the 360 is superior in almost every aspect. Again, IMO.

I agree, both consoles have their merits, the Wii can be more 'pick up and put down', where as 360 can be more time intensive. There are alot of factors to weigh up, but the main one that did it fr me is that I prefer 'party play' rather than 'mono', so the Wii it was

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.