Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the goal is to use Netflix on the Wii U, then I suppose one could use the Moonlight homebrew app and remote play Netflix from their PC onto the Wii U.

Reactions: neph00

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a bit of an odd request, but I would imagine this should be feasible. Could someone create a separate Homebrew Launcher channel that loads homebrew from a separate folder in your SD Card? I would like to split my homebrew apps into one that's just games, and one that's just tools and useful apps. Or, I could design a new icon and banners to make it seem like the new homebrew channel is a loader for GTA 3 and Vice City (the reverse engineering projects for Wii U may be down, but if you have them on your Wii U, it would be neat to make a kinda faux loader for the 2 different yet directly-related games).

AidanToad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a mod exist that will simply mirror the gamepad screen onto the tv? I'm trying to record gamepad footage while also being able to use the gamepad as intended for the Pikmin and Metroid minigames in Nintendo Land. This is because what displays on the tv while playing those minigames in single player gamepad mode doesn't do a great job showing what's going on, so when I record myself playing those minigames it can sometimes be hard to tell what's going on (and trying to play the games with the displays swapped is awkward in Metroid and impossible in Pikmin).

If such a mod does not exist, I do have an idea on how one can be made. An existing mod called SwapDRC already does half of what I'm wanting by putting the gamepad screen on the tv. Now all that's left is to prevent it from putting the tv screen onto the gamepad. I'm assuming, based on my extremely barebones understanding of how this mod works, that simply removing the line of code that puts the tv display onto the gamepad while keeping the code that puts the gamepad display onto the tv is all that would need to be done. However, I don't know how to actually modify the code because when I open the .elf file it's just a bunch of gibberish that I assume the Wii U can understand, but I cannot.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a mod exist that will simply mirror the gamepad screen onto the tv? I'm trying to record gamepad footage while also being able to use the gamepad as intended for the Pikmin and Metroid minigames in Nintendo Land. This is because what displays on the tv while playing those minigames in single player gamepad mode doesn't do a great job showing what's going on, so when I record myself playing those minigames it can sometimes be hard to tell what's going on (and trying to play the games with the displays swapped is awkward in Metroid and impossible in Pikmin).

If such a mod does not exist, I do have an idea on how one can be made. An existing mod called SwapDRC already does half of what I'm wanting by putting the gamepad screen on the tv. Now all that's left is to prevent it from putting the tv screen onto the gamepad. I'm assuming, based on my extremely barebones understanding of how this mod works, that simply removing the line of code that puts the tv display onto the gamepad while keeping the code that puts the gamepad display onto the tv is all that would need to be done. However, I don't know how to actually modify the code because when I open the .elf file it's just a bunch of gibberish that I assume the Wii U can understand, but I cannot.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Not exactly what your looking for but this may be helpful
https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/ScreenStreaming_WUPS

Reactions: AidanToad

Duxmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Max Payne has been ported over to PS Vita and Switch. Do you think it's possible for this to be ported to the Wii U, as that would be awesome!!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the native Wii U port of Mario 64, are we also able to natively port modded Mario 64 roms? I ask specifically for the 2 player co-op split-screen mod. Cuz if we can natively port that to the Wii U, then feasibly, we could have one player's display just on the TV and the other just on the GamePad. Is this possible?

Edit: Yeah, it looks like 2 Player Splitscreen has made it to the native ports as seen in this Reddit thread here. Now I know the Render96 mod in general is problematic on Wii U, but surely this can be ported to the Wii U with the original low poly models (as well as a low poly Luigi model for player 2). I'd try this myself, but I can't compile this stuff for the life of me. I'm usually pretty good at following directions, but for some reason I always run into trouble when I try to compile such things on my computer.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: AMIdDST

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A Sega Saturn emulator (maybe thanks to the understanding of the emulator on the new game Cotton guardian force Saturn tribute on Nintendo Switch). And a emulator with the possibly to play with 10 players in Saturn Bomberman please ^^.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When plugging headphones to the Gamepad in many games they will detect it and stream both Gamepad and TV audio to the headphone jack. AKA Mario Kart 8 (even if the map is on the Gamepad in which case without headphones there wouldn't be TV audio down there), Twilight Princess HD which even mutes the TV by detecting them and so on. In most first-party titles this is implemented, but there are exceptions, which happen to be the ones I cared about the most: the Wii U version of Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker HD, both even with headphones plugged in will just make you hear what is normally streamed to the gamepad, like Wind Waker's maps and DK's banas and stuff.

Now, you tecnichally can play Off-TV both of the games, but that removes the feature of playing on the TV (Of course, and in Wind Waker's case, also the always-in-the-Gamepad maps when you play with it on the TV) which also sucks because both are beatiful games and specially Tropical Freeze has a beatiful soundtrack.

I don't know about many third party games, maybe they also implemented it into their games as PS4 also featured a headphone jack onto their controllers but who knows. But a Homebrew that lets you switch the TV audio to the Gamepad's and viceversa would be great. If I'm not wrong there's a program that does this with displays and audio, so this would be that but without switching screens. Maybe even streaming both at the same time to the Gamepad if possible, although I have no idea how bothersome (or not) it may be.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When plugging headphones to the Gamepad in many games they will detect it and stream both Gamepad and TV audio to the headphone jack. AKA Mario Kart 8 (even if the map is on the Gamepad in which case without headphones there wouldn't be TV audio down there), Twilight Princess HD which even mutes the TV by detecting them and so on. In most first-party titles this is implemented, but there are exceptions, which happen to be the ones I cared about the most: the Wii U version of Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker HD, both even with headphones plugged in will just make you hear what is normally streamed to the gamepad, like Wind Waker's maps and DK's banas and stuff.

Now, you tecnichally can play Off-TV both of the games, but that removes the feature of playing on the TV (Of course, and in Wind Waker's case, also the always-in-the-Gamepad maps when you play with it on the TV) which also sucks because both are beatiful games and specially Tropical Freeze has a beatiful soundtrack.

I don't know about many third party games, maybe they also implemented it into their games as PS4 also featured a headphone jack onto their controllers but who knows. But a Homebrew that lets you switch the TV audio to the Gamepad's and viceversa would be great. If I'm not wrong there's a program that does this with displays and audio, so this would be that but without switching screens. Maybe even streaming both at the same time to the Gamepad if possible, although I have no idea how bothersome (or not) it may be.
ditto on wanting that...my hopes aren't high that it will happen since most people have likely moved on but I have been loosing my mind trying to find something like this...I use a monitor so I don't have the option to use built in speakers. sure there may be an 3.5 mm jack on the monitor but there's no way to adjust the volume. what a dream it would be to enjoy wind waker hd in...well...hd

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ditto on wanting that...my hopes aren't high that it will happen since most people have likely moved on but I have been loosing my mind trying to find something like this...I use a monitor so I don't have the option to use built in speakers. sure there may be an 3.5 mm jack on the monitor but there's no way to adjust the volume. what a dream it would be to enjoy wind waker hd in...well...hd
YEah, weird it hasn't happened. Again not keen on what I'm saying but SwapDRC already does what I'm saying but swapping displays also, if anyone knows that app well it would be possible

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEah, weird it hasn't happened. Again not keen on what I'm saying but SwapDRC already does what I'm saying but swapping displays also, if anyone knows that app well it would be possible
I think I tried that once before...maybe it was a fluke but it acted weird with windwaker with it being a mixed bag of what sounds came through

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.