OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i went to the data managment screen to delete the homebrew channel and replace it with the homebrew launcher channel. when i exited the options i got a error "the system files are corrupted" i turned off my wii and turned it back on, and it was fine. this hapend a few weeks ago to with a wad installed vc game. snyone know what the problem could be?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
i went to the data managment screen to delete the homebrew channel and replace it with the homebrew launcher channel. when i exited the options i got a error "the system files are corrupted" i turned off my wii and turned it back on, and it was fine. this hapend a few weeks ago to with a wad installed vc game. snyone know what the problem could be?

Sigh... how many times are we going to go over this samsam?

You don't delete anything from the Wii's data management menu. It isn't designed to remove anything cleanly or effectively.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned at least once in every thread you've posted on.....

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know that theres still the tickets installed, but its not that big of a problem, my wii still works, and thats all that matters
smile.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
i know that theres still the tickets installed, but its not that big of a problem, my wii still works, and thats all that matters
smile.gif

Well if you already know why it happened and you don't care, why make a thread?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't understand the files you are deleting and assumes they are system files. So it assumes it has been corrupted but then when it reboots it checks itself and discovers nothing has been corrupted.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
The Wii doesn't understand the files you are deleting and assumes they are system files. So it assumes it has been corrupted but then when it reboots it checks itself and discovers nothing has been corrupted.
Yea. Its actually fun to do it sometimes. I installed Wii homebrew launcher channel on a friends wii and told him to delete the "corrupted save"(channel.)
laugh.gif

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One question, if I delete custom .wads through the Wii System Menu, I know the ticket remains but will the used space completely get freed up?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyDX said:
One question, if I delete custom .wads through the Wii System Menu, I know the ticket remains but will the used space completely get freed up?

Except for the 1kb ticket, yes.

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the "Corrupt System Files" thing happen to me once too. I installed the "Defend Your Castle" .wad, and then went into the Wii Channel Management to delete it. Once I came out of that, the error popped up. After rebooting the Wii, I went into the Wii Shop Channel to see if the ticket installed from the .wad would let me re-download the game for free. It did.

I didn't post this to incite a flame war about the safety/legality of doing what I did, it's just an FYI...

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for clearing the ticket thing up, do they have any known side-effects other then said error?

thomas83lin0LD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well same thing happen to me but not because of deleteing a wad, it happend after a code dump in fceu channel then i reloaded my wii and received a system files corrupted, restarted then it was fine. So Could homebrew channels just locking up which happens alot, hurt anything by these code dumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi