Hacking "The System Files Are Corrupted" Error with Softmii

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Whenever I play a game and return to the Wii Menu, I get this error. I have to restart my Wii 4 times before it finally works, and I can load the Wii menu without getting the error. Doesn't anyone have a fix for this, or do you guys just ignore it? With the Softmii 0.26, I only got this one out 5 times when returning to the wii menu, and one restart fixed this. It's starting to get a bit annoying, but if there's no fix, I can deal with it.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've never heard of this problem before. You might be the first one to have this (unless I didn't read well eenough)

You could try running cIOS Downgrader and reinstall Preloader

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem... i beleive its caused by a bad install of softmii package....
redownload the newest softmii package and uninstall the hacks with hack remover and use anyregion changer 1.1b m5 to put the system menu back to normal... then follow the install guide with the new package...

should fix you right up....

-kitt050383

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
yup, I get this error sometimes too - weird thing though, the text of the error appears on screen gradually.... and it's not all there... spooky huh?

I just restart into HBC with Preloader then return to Wii Menu and its all fixed.

It's only happened since I started trying GC Backups

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stuff like this is why I'll never install softmii on a wii. It affects far too many files on the Wii.
I'd like to see menupatcher becoming compatible with freeloader's autoboot. That would also allow booting backups from disc channel, but it is a clean and simple solution. And also very easy to uninstall.

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
It's only happened since I started trying GC Backups

Same here.
Okay, I'll do your solution. I'd rather not re-download Softmii. You have to torrent it, which is really slow >

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bad installation, mine works just fine even with GC backups...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)