The Surge 2 Announced

the surge 2 logo.JPG

The game that has been dubbed as "sci-fi Dark Souls" is set for a sequel.

Following the success of the first installment, Focus Home Interactive and Deck13 are once again joining forces by renewing their partnership for the development of The Surge 2 as announced in a press release today.

The latter mentions that the sequel "will take place in a brand new environment: a sprawling, devastated city with larger and more ambitious level design, made possible by Deck13’s upgraded and improved engine. Combat is more brutal and tactical than ever, with even more options thanks to an expanded limb targeting system. In addition, more abilities, weapons, implants, and drones give players a vast arsenal to build their character with, in their fight against the array of diverse new enemies and bosses."

caqkhhbyejtcxazkgtus.jpg

Teaser artwork released for the announcement

More information about The Surge 2 will be unveiled at Le What’s Next de Focus – February 7-8, the yearly press event organized by the French publisher in Paris.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
First game was actually really great. I ended up finishing it twice and getting the platinum trophy.
Hopefully they take fan criticism onboard with the next game as a few small tweaks here and there with the original would've made it a 9 instead of an 8 for me.

So now we have The Surge 2, Code Vein and Dark Souls Remastered to get mah souls fix on!

If you've never heard of The Surge, here is the launch trailer from the first game:

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have the first one sleeping in the deep curtains of my game library(not including DLC), and now bears the question:
Do we have yo play the DLC in order to understand what's happening in the sequel?

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I really enjoyed this game, it was solid in parts but the level design was great and the upgrade and combat systems were pretty neat.

Reactions: T-hug

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
First game was actually really great. I ended up finishing it twice and getting the platinum trophy.
Hopefully they take fan criticism onboard with the next game as a few small tweaks here and there with the original would've made it a 9 instead of an 8 for me.

So now we have The Surge 2, Code Vein and Dark Souls Remastered to get mah souls fix on!

If you've never heard of The Surge, here is the launch trailer from the first game:

Out of all of those? Code Vein is what I'm looking forward to.

Reactions: T-hug

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Surge was one of my favorite souls-like games. It was a much better attempt than Lords of the Fallen. It has it flaws for sure, but it was solid. The DLC was really good too, I can't wait for The Surge 2!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I thought the game was pretty ok, definitely one of the better Souls clones so far. But it lacked the same kind of depth that I expect Souls-like games to have, so I only played it once and done. I did nab the DLC pack, but haven't played it yet.

I'll probably play the sequel though if it's designed well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM