The Sun attack Madworld

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Sun newspaper has attacked a MadWorld promotional campaign which saw severed black & white arms being placed in cities across the UK. The paper called it a sick publicity stunt.

MadWorld is released today and to promote the game, Sega placed several prosthetic arms in random locations across city streets yesterday. The severed black & white arms which were clutching a copy of MadWorld could be seen in London's Carnaby Street and Tower Bridge.

The Sun's headline read "public sickened by game stunt" yet Sega argued that wasn't the case, saying: "We had a team of people carefully monitoring reaction to the arms, if anyone at all found them offensive we removed them immediately. But we have had no complaints from the public at all."

Advertisement:
The Sun also commented that Madworld release "appears to go against the successful reputation of the best-selling machine famed for being one that the whole family can enjoy."

The article also goes on to highlight today's release of Grand Theft Auto, "the first 18-rated game for the DS handheld, a console massively popular with children."

Still, the paper still saw fit to review both games favourably, giving MadWorld 3/5. and Grand Theft Auto 5/5.

SOURCE: ONM

i think it is sick that they critisize them like this - its a good game and i may get it...

The Article

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, unless they're giving away free copies or something.

I'm not really affected by this, seeing as I don't play games like MadWorld, but I do think that it's pretty dumb to call this publicity stunt "sickening". Stuff like this makes me wonder how GTA:CTW will handle the media in the future. I mean, I can already picture some article that'll blame it for promoting drug dealing, even though it's nothing like in real life :\ .

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually like to see stuff like this happening.. that's free publicity for the game
smile.gif

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
The second I read the title I knew they'd throw in that "Wii is for family's! You can't make an adult game for it!" Bull Shit.
mad.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's the Sun.
Nobody with an ounce of intelligence in the UK takes that Tabloid newspaper seriously.
Seriously, open one up, third page, BAM, naked chick.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't say I approve of this kind of campaigns, but specially The Sun can't tell me what's a "sickening publicity stunt"... I mean, they are the cream of the crop when it comes to sensationalism and disgusting journalism.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
It's the Sun.
Nobody with an ounce of intelligence in the UK takes that Tabloid newspaper seriously.
Seriously, open one up, third page, **BAM, naked chick.**

AGREED! pointless self promotion for an already crappy Tabloid paper! ....

Btw you probably didn't even see/notice the article about Madworld did you?? lol
nyanya.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey Ravn said:
Can't say I approve of this kind of campaigns, but specially The Sun can't tell me what's a "sickening publicity stunt"... I mean, they are the cream of the crop when it comes to sensationalism and disgusting journalism.
Truer words were never spoken... you've hit the nail on the head, the SUN is the cream of the SCUM when it comes to sensationalism (with the Daily Mail not far behind) and disgusting journalism.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Frozen_Fish said:
The second I read the title I knew they'd throw in that "Wii is for family's! You can't make an adult game for it!" Bull Shit.
mad.gif
Yeah, I thought the same thing. This is why we can't have nice things...
rolleyes.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.