The SDK and the DemoScene

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by achelos, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010

The SDK and the DemoScene by achelos at 10:10 PM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. achelos
    OP

Newcomer achelos Member

Netherlands
    I can't wait for the SDK to be released and the demoscene groups utilizing the extra processing power for some amazing feats.

Is there anyone a programmer/scenecoder who would like to see how the SDK will unfold?

I've checked scene.org of course, but nothing =]

2. kennypu

Member kennypu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've gotten into the demoscene before back in the day too; great stuff. anyways what sdk are you talking about, and as far as i know there is a couple demos out there for the DS already.

EDIT:
    oh i just noticed what forum I was posting in, you're talking about the DS2SDK. I'm sure there will be a few people out there that will, but most coders like the limited space/processing power to see what they can do.

3. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There's a decent number of people that do homebrew on the DS (me included), and the forums I go to at least know that the SDK is planned. Whether or not it gets used by them is unsure.

I can see emulators being the #1 programs to be developed for it. Maybe an internet browser, but that depends on the limitations of the data transfer rate from the DS and DSTWO since the data received by WiFi has to be transferred to the card to be processed.