Gaming The save data could not be accessed.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have an original Heart Gold cart that refuses to start. I get the following message:

"The save data could not be accessed."

"Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card."

I have tried it in 3 different DS consoles with the same result. I have cleaned the contacts to no avail. I have then removed and inspected the PCB which looks squeaky clean with no signs of wear or damage.

Do you think this can be fixed with something like an NDS Backup Adapter Plus?

I have tried to find out if Junior did anything to it and he just starts sobbing so who knows!!

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This sounds like the bug the first batch of the EU Heart Gold and Soul Silver was experiencing just before launch a few years ago. When did you buy the game?

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like the bug the first batch of the EU Heart Gold and Soul Silver was experiencing just before launch a few years ago. When did you buy the game?
I brought it from Tesco only about 12 months ago. I was suspecting liquid ingress or contact damage. I removed the PCB and it looks brand new, even the contacts are quite clean. There is one dodgy looking pin on the corner of the memory chip that looks to have barely any solder on it. I'll take it into work tomorrow and re-work the board. Failing that I guess it is a new one. The poor kid was pretty upset about it especially after I gave him the 3rd degree about it. To give the kid credit the cart is in very good condition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I finally modeled and 3d printed the new HDD cages I need in order to build my 2nd NAS. Original...