epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw this on another forum and I thought you guys might be interested.

spinningballerina.gif

QUOTE said:
Which way is the ballerina spinning?

Put which way you think the ballerina is going. Don't lie, and here is the info.

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Here is what it supposedly says about you:

Clockwise
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Counter-Clockwise
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

Personally, I have complete control over it and can switch it basically whenever. Kind of cool.

Original topic on Baka-Updates

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm...
i remember this on those ads ,
but i used to feel that it was counter clockwise .

now it's always clockwise and when i read the description, i was like, that's in now way like me xD>

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
I first saw it spinning clockwise and was like how can anyone see this spin anti-clockwise so i sat here for a few seconds looking at it and realized that there's a mirror copy of her foot and i thought that's what people see as anti-clockwise but if you look at it for a few seconds then back to the rotating woman see has now switched the way she spins.

So now anti-clockwise spinning but her foot instead of being mirrored like before is spinning in the same direction as her, so just look at her foot again for a bit and she changes directions and you can keep doing this so she keeps changing (may vary with different people so keep looking at the foot for more then a few seconds, or may not work at all).

This puzzle has been cracked xD.

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
GutsMan.EXE said:
I first saw it spinning clockwise and was like how can anyone see this spin anti-clockwise so i sat here for a few seconds looking at it and realized that there's a mirror copy of her foot and i thought that's what people see as anti-clockwise but if you look at it for a few seconds then back to the rotating woman see has now switched the way she spins.

So now anti-clockwise spinning but her foot instead of being mirrored like before is spinning in the same direction as her, so just look at her foot again for a bit and she changes directions and you can keep doing this so she keeps changing (may vary with different people so keep looking at the foot for more then a few seconds, or may not work at all).
This is how I do it. I look at the foot until I see that it moves in a horizontal line on the away side, then when it moves in the direction I want it to I release my fix slightly and it'll move in that rotation.

QUOTEThis can't be accurate for everyone. I see it as clockwise, and the clockwise description is the exact opposite of who I am.
Maybe you just didn't focus on it hard enough. You're probably both.
laugh.gif
(This is also why I added "supposedly", because I also saw it the way unlike me first)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this animation a couple years ago.

I see it moving both ways, but mostly counter-clockwise, especially if I look at the shadow. If I happen to see it move clockwise, then look at the shadow, I can switch it to counter-clockwise, but not the other way around.

My particular situation may be kind of unique though.....I'm essentially blind in my right eye since 1991 (no lens, no iris, transplanted cornea), so I don't see with both halves of my brain anymore. I only see with one side. My right eye sees just a super-blur and basically shuts off during normal visual activities. When I try to look at the animation with only my right eye, I just see a wiggling blur and I wouldn't be able to tell what it was if I didn't already know. I'm sure that it affects my ability to see it move both ways at will......my eyesight was my "gift" for lack of a better term.

August 13, 1991 is when my gaming kills took a nose-dive. It's also when my entire attitude changed from positive and happy to negative and depressing.

B

ball2012003

I can see both but only have partial control. Every time I look away and then back at it, it switches.
Or is that complete control then
unsure.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ball2012003 said:
I can see both but only have partial control. Every time I look away and then back at it, it switches.
Or is that complete control then
unsure.gif
Total control is being make her change direction withing 180° so that she never face's away from you.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol the only control I have, is that I make it always spin clockwise, so even if I look at it upside down which should make the spin seem counterclockwise, my brain just instantly reverses it to spin clockwise, which if I wasn't looking at it upside down, would be spinning counterclockwise. So to switch the direction, I just look at it upside down (but it's still the same perceived direction, aka clockwise).I guess clockwise is just natural for me, and not because I favour my right brain over my left.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap! I played with it since my comment, and can now control it at will! All I do is spin my finger in front of my face, in the direction I want her to go, then blink for like... 2 seconds.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen it a lot of times before too.

When I first look, I usually see it spinning clockwise, but I have control over it too.
I fit the left-side description remarkably, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.