Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saladman said:
CorruptJon said:
xjuniorx said:
also damn CycloDS is expensive lol.
You probably shouldn't be bitching about the price seeing as how you will probably steal $3000+ dollars worth of games with it.

no point paying more for an inferior cart
Inferior? I don't even have a cyclo and I still admit it is the best flash cart available.

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCDS-1 has the most features and best rom compatabilty. The cyclo has an underpar cheat engine even compared to budget cars like DSTT, with a 127 code limit per cheat, check the size of the cheat file for cyclo compared to others in the 'big cheat fle'

The only rom that has hiccupped on scds-1 was the moogle error, which was fixed virtually instantly, the cyclo simply cannot claim the same.

I'm certainly not a catering to the 'cyclo ds is best squad' without it actually being the best.

When it actaully has the most features instaed of year long promises then maybe.

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SCDS-1 has the most features and best rom compatabilty.
More features? I'd say their feature levels are on par. Not having one feature is made up by the other having another one. And best ROM compatibility? Have you actually sat down and tried EVERY ROM? In fact, has ANYONE sat down and tried EVERY ROM to even back up these claims? Didn't think so.

QUOTE said:
The cyclo has an underpar cheat engine even compared to budget cars like DSTT, with a 127 code limit per cheat, check the size of the cheat file for cyclo compared to others in the 'big cheat fle'
127 code limit per cheat? WOuld most sane people even use that many? In fact, would most people even use and sustain cheats for any given length of time? Maybe your average

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sticks said:
QUOTE said:
SCDS-1 has the most features and best rom compatabilty.
More features? I'd say their feature levels are on par. Not having one feature is made up by the other having another one. And best ROM compatibility? Have you actually sat down and tried EVERY ROM? In fact, has ANYONE sat down and tried EVERY ROM to even back up these claims? Didn't think so.

First of all, the SCDS1 has features such as, Realtime Guide, multi-save, Tripple OS, homebrew soft-reset and a built in moonshell. I don't think anyone has that much time on their hands to try out around 2000 games, but, I did try out around 90 games, for I have an 8 gig micro sdhc, and all of them worked so far.

And as for the Cyclo ROM compatibility, the same question goes for it. Did every game work?

QUOTE said:
The cyclo has an underpar cheat engine even compared to budget cars like DSTT, with a 127 code limit per cheat, check the size of the cheat file for cyclo compared to others in the 'big cheat fle'
127 code limit per cheat? WOuld most sane people even use that many? In fact, would most people even use and sustain cheats for any given length of time? Maybe your average

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough. Should've worded the first response a bit better. That was directed to ALL flashcarts claiming full/best compatibility.

Only idiots and fanboys continue onto flaming. You had some good points. I'll stop at that.

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo fanboi assumes most features where IN FACT it doesn't.. to make up for lack of a particular features it actually HAS TO HAVE other features to make up for it.. the cyclo doesn't. -

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a CycloDS and a friend of mine has a SCDS-1(to bad it's an interwebs friend, so I can't try his, and see which card is better), and we are always talking about which one has the most features, and they are pretty similar, so, you won't be making the wrong choice if you get any of them. Maybe someone with both cards could tell us which one they prefer and why.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own an SCDS1 and will have my Cyclo by next week. I'll report back with my opinions once I've had time to compare the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.