4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
Does anyone know where I can review that Law? y'know about selling torrents and roms. But not in the U.S. In egypt. I mean my local store sells torrent-downloaded games.... I'd like to know cause I already made like, 600$ off of selling roms and torrents. So am I legal or not?(btw, original games aren't sold here)

So does anyone know?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know much about it, but you're just illegal..
tongue.gif

But, as long as you don't get caught, who cares?
tongue.gif

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's illegal to distribute in every country in the world, downloading is not illegal and keeping a copy yourself aslong as you have the original, but again you can not distribute, if you sell the original you have to destroy the back-up... thats the easiest way I can put it, it's copyright theft

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
4urentertainment said:
The thing is, there are absolutely no original games in the country, they are all downloaded. Even big official mall stores. What's up with that?
Maybe your goverment doesn't allow games to be shipped to your country?

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Egypt
wabsta said:
4urentertainment said:
The thing is, there are absolutely no original games in the country, they are all downloaded. Even big official mall stores. What's up with that?
Maybe your goverment doesn't allow games to be shipped to your country?

No it's not that.Because in really famous stores like Best Buy or something, there's one or two games. But they never sell. Nobody buys original when they can just buy the backup. Infact they think the store's backup is the original and my backup is the backup. Like when i tell them, you know how much the original costs? They say ye, 10$ (I sell it for 5$)

So how come those stores get to sell pirated stuff?

Also since the originals aren't available, doesn't that give people the right to sell/download backups without having the original?

Marby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I live in syria actually selling originals is illegal because every disc needs the government's approval well that's nearly imposible therefore every one buys copied CDs/DVDs downloaded from torrents
We cant download them at home cause our internet sucks 1gb limit and dialup that is so bad. Stores who download torrents and sell them make a huge fortune!

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Egypt
Marby said:
Hey, I live in syria actually selling originals is illegal because every disc needs the government's approval well that's nearly imposible therefore every one buys copied CDs/DVDs downloaded from torrents
We cant download them at home cause our internet sucks 1gb limit and dialup that is so bad. Stores who download torrents and sell them make a huge fortune!

And I am one of those. Or nearly. I mean I've actually made a huge company with so many workers and a branch in Kuwait. However all those workers are just 10 guys at school who get paid about 5$ a week. (we're in egypt, that's actually a good amount)and that branch in kuwait is just my cousin who sells backups too. So far the entire company has made 500$ in about 9 months. Thats incredible for a guy living in egypt.

Anyway so we're cool on the selling backups thing everybody? If i don't they will never get those games,and the company that made those games will be sad
cry.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No matter what, having some form of backup you didn't make yourself is illegal, even if you have the original. Though what you guys are doing is illegal, as long as no one cares then you shouldn't care either. This is why things like these can only be seen in black markets over here in the US and not out there in the major retails or where a lot of people go.

D

Deleted User

Well here in the UK, official copyright law says downloading is fine (as long as you don't sell or give them on, or download with the intent to), and uploading is illegal.

I'm sure if all the big stores do it, then it should be fine for you to do so too. Although it's illegal. lol

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My science teacher always said, it is not stealing unless you get caught. I would have to say that applies to most things.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if your not caught, it's not illegal.
rolleyes.gif

But I think I read in AI that in Japan, uploading is illegal, but downloading it isn't(pirated software)

That probably isn't true though.

cepheus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is illegal whether or not you get caught. Legality has nothing to do with getting caught or not so just because you are not caught doesn't make it legal. However, consequences, punishment, and damages are usually imposed on those performing illegal activities. IF you are not caught, these forms of punishment will obviously not be enforced and therefore, the incentive to continue increases.

seeing how 99.9999999% of rom users/uploaders/sellers are not bothered by the law, illegal activities will continue. tis the nature of the beast.

oh and I likes free stuffs =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4