The OUYA News Thread December 2013

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    [​IMG]

1) Reicast Dreamcast emulator is out.
    When installed, this emulator will show up in your "PLAY" menu. A Discover section - downloadable version has been submitted to OUYA Inc.

2)New OUYA System Update has been released
    OUYA Update (Version OUYA-1.2.771)

• Improved recommendations in the System Menu to dynamically give recommendations based on the game you are currently playing.
    • Added settings to allow gamers to prioritize bluetooth or wi-fi based on their needs. Default settings will automatically prioritize bluetooth with 2 or more controllers connected.
    • Navigation performance improvements in DISCOVER - This is an ongoing effort, but you should already see noticeable improvements.
    • Slightly tweaked the position of the active row in DISCOVER to better show rows below it.
    • More External Storage Open Beta bug fixes
      • Added spinners to USB dialog boxes to make it more clear that an action is taking place and it's not stalled.
      • Fixed an issue where ejecting the USB drive sometimes reported that a download was in progress when there was no download.
      • Fixed an issue where entering game details of an installing game would display no information.
      • Fixed several cases where a bad removal could require a console restart to get USB functionality back.
    • Added the ability to ask survey questions in the System Menu. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, so keep an eye out for these questions.
    • We've got improved error reporting and have added the ability of Customer Service team to work with gamers to get better log information.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause gamers to get an incremental then full update when they shouldn't (fixed going forward).
    3)New OUYA.TV offer
    "In less than 24 hours OUYA has sold out of their launch offer - but as a continued “thanks for your support” to the Killing Floor community, they’re offering the promo code “KillingFloor” through the end of the year for $10.00 off your purchase of an OUYA console. Just enter the code when purchasing a system direct!"

4) Games on Sale
    Polarity is on sale. 80% off in the discover section. The game's OUYA.TV page can be found here:
    https://www.ouya.tv/game/Polarity/

High Flyer Death Defyer is on sale for $1.99 this holiday
    https://www.ouya.tv/game/High-Flyer-Death-Defyer/

I will update this thread as needed.

Update 12/20.2013

5) OUYA will now sell controller faceplates for $9.99 with free shipping in the United States

[​IMG]

6) For those of you with OUYA consoles, you should now be seeing a new Abominable Snowman/holiday background instead of the standard "OUYA Controller" system background

[​IMG]

More news to come?

431unknown likes this.

2. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    There's literally like 1 other person on the internet who gets excited for the Ouya. It's sad.

Warrior522 likes this.
  3. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    I'm quite happy with the direction OUYA are taking. There very many OUYA fans out there, for good reason too.

431unknown likes this.
  4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    oh OUYA is still around?

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

And there he is!

lukinoz, Ammako, Qtis and 13 others like this.
  6. matthi321

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    this is good news about the dreamcast emulator, if they just can make a fully working psp,ds,and sega saturn emulator, i might considering buying one.

7. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  8. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    And that time has run out.

Source.

9. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    So true...

Lol this comment right here sums up the Rise (sorta) and eventual fall of the (BO)Ouya.

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

There's dozens of us!

Dozens!

Skelletonike, Gahars, Paarish and 2 others like this.
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    FTFY :yay:

On a serious note though, my local electronics store has two OUYA's in stock now which I found quite surprising. On a side note, it still doesn't carry the Wii U systems at all, they only have a handful of games... so...

OUYA > Wii U? :unsure:

12. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I was kinda hopeful to see a new competitor in the gaming market... but i really dont think these micro consoles are going to make an changes really. The ouya seems like a smartphone with TV hookups and a controller.

Maybe the Steam machine will hold its weight in water, but these little guys wont be around for long.

13. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London

That's exactly what it is.

14. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Say what you guys will, I absolutely love my OUYA and it has provided me with countless hours of fun. Now that this new Dreamcast emulator is out I'm going to be spending even more time with my OUYA. It's an amazing machine for the 99 dollars they're asking for. Unless it will have a Tegra 5 or I'm somehow gifted one, I'll might skip OUYA 2 in favor of OUYA 3 and yes I'm sure there WILL be a OUYA 3. It's only a matter of time before bigger studios start taking notice and bring their games over.

15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I had near countless hours of fun playing a game on a windows ME machine.

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    False.

...you can use a smartphone to phone your friends and family - can't do that on the OUYA. :)

Ammako and BortzANATOR like this.
  17. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    I wonder why Nvidia's shield doesn't get as much hate as the OUYA. It obviously better but also is a waste of potential.

18. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Shield doesnt get any hate because nobody gives a damn about it. seriously, the only people willing to pau 200+ for that things are spoiled rich kids and tech junkies.

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    For all intents and purposes, the Shield does exactly what the OUYA does except better, plus it's portable so you can take it anywhere with you. I don't see how spending $200+ makes you a spoiled tech junkie - that's about as much as the PSVita/3DS at launch.

20. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I bought a Roku instead for my mom. $40 cheaper and it does all the multimedia stuff (if not more). All I miss out on is some shitty games.